“Praise to Reception staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pendigo Way | National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham B40 1PS, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
Cheltenham, England
“Praise to Reception staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for an overnight stop on the 6th January.

From the moment we arrived the staff on reception and in the Bar area, were welcoming and friendly.
Laura, especially was very helpful. Showing us where the sauna was located and making a note of our early morning call. Even after changing it twice, she still produced a smile.
The room was very nice and we both had a good night's sleep before heading off on our holiday the next morning.
We will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the reception staff, particularly Laura, to be welcoming and friendly. I'm sure Laura will appreciate the praise. I will also forward your compliments on to the Bar team. I'm happy to hear that you had a good nights sleep, and that your room was clean and well presented.
Clare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Frodsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights whilst attending an exhibition at the NEC. Given that they have such a captive audience, and presumably crew-up with temporary staff when exhibitions are on, the quality and standard of the service was better than expected. The key as always was the attitude of the staff which was smiling and helpful. Room was typically chain hotel but large and comfortable with good facilities. Sky Sports in the room was a bonus! Most unexpected was the quality of the food in the bar and restaurant which was really good. I had long since given up on getting decent restaurant food in a chain hotel, so this was a pleasant surprise. Not cheap when exhibitions are on but very convenient and better than average for this type of hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you found the quality and standard of service to be better than expected, and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us in the both the Bar and Restaurant. I am also glad that our location, in relation to the NEC, was suitable for your needs.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night when attending a Trey Songz concert. When we arrived there were no towels in our room and after contacting reception twice they finally appeared at our door an hour later making us miss the start and have to arrive at the concert an hour late. When arriving back at the hotel i tried to purchase a drink at the bar and was told that sorry but we don't take cash at this time you will have to use your card that you swiped when checking in, unfortunately owner of the card was already in our room asleep. Room service after 11oclock is basically salad and puddings and almost no hot food, quite poor to say room service is supposed to be 24 hours? Would probably not stay again would definitely choose the Hilton. Forgot to add towels were also dirty and bring essentials with you as no shop within the vicinity so bring your own snacks and drinks with you. Overall a bit disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected.
I apologise that your room was not fully prepared for your arrival and that there was delay in getting the items delivered to your room. I shall forward your comments to the relevant departments in the hope that this issue does not occur again.
I am disappointed to see that you had problems charging items to your room from the bar and that you feel the In room Dining menu is poor.
I would hope that this one off experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed one night before a flight from BHX; we booked this hotel through an online agent and the price included 2weeks car parking.
I have to say the staff were excellent; a cot was provided as requested for our 20month old daughter, and we were allocated two interconnecting rooms for the three of us (which meant we got a decent night's sleep prior to a long haul flight!). On return from our holiday, the receptionist (Tania?) remembered us from two weeks earlier, and was chatty and polite, offering us a hot drink as we'd been waiting in the snow for the shuttle service.
You can't buy personal service IMO, but the team here went the extra mile, which not only kicked off the perfect holiday, but also made sure that returning from the sunshine was painless.
Our room(s) overlooked the car park, but it was quiet, clean and comfortable.
Would we stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such positive feedback of your recent stay with us.
Its very pleasing to hear that the staff were polite and friendly both during your stay and upon your return. I shall forward your praise on to Tami for her personal Customer Service as well as the rest of the team for going the extra mile and making your stay enjoyable.
I am glad that your stay with us was relaxing and restful and that your room allocation was suitable for your family needs.
I apologise for the delay with the return shuttle service, I am aware that there were some delays due to the severe weather.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of days for a sales conference , during a very cold spell of snowy weather , and that's where issues started . The car park and most of surrounding areas of the hotel were sheet ice and deep in snow . This was blatantly dangerous with many people slipping on the treacherous conditions . Why was the car park not at least gritted ? My room though very comfortable was freezing ,yet another hotel that has the woeful so called hot air system . Mine simply blew out cold air and sadly a polite request for it to be fixed went unanswered . It's a nice hotel great location for NEC with very friendly staff but delays at check in and check out were unacceptable simply due to number of guests , more staff on reception would be a simple remedy .

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.
I would like to apologise for the delays that you experienced at reception. The front desk team are usually quite efficient, keeping queues to a minimum, but I shall certainly look into your concerns.
I am sorry for any discomfort you experienced due to the low temperature in your room, and, that our maintenance team were unable to resolve this issue during your stay.
In light of your concerns, it is pleasing to know that you found the hotel to be generally comfortable with a good location.
Regarding your comments relating to the surface ice on the car park. I can confirm that our maintenance team did grit the car park on a few occassions. We also had the car park 'ploughed' by the NEC traffic support over the snowy weekend.
I do hope that this experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.
Thank you again for your feedback.
york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne plaza before we left for our holiday in the canaries.reception staff so polite and helpful.lovely room,modern bathroom,comfy bed,big tv.everything excellent.we even got a courtesy bus to and from the airport.we did not eat at the restaurant,and a lovely way to start our holiday.good well lit car park.only problem was we came back to minus temps.we will stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such positive feedback of your recent stay with us.
I'm pleased to hear that the reception team were polite and helpful - I shall forward this praise on to the team.
I am glad that you found your room to be comfortable and well presented and that the hotel shuttle service was suitable for your airport transfers.
oswestry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel due to the travel chaos caused by the snow last week. I must say after the day I had it was an oasis of calm and serenity thank goodness. The hotel is very conveniently situated with good, rail and airport links within a stone’s throw. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback.
I am happy to hear that we managed to inject some calm into what must have been a rather chaotic day for you following the inclement weather.
I am glad that you found our location to be convenient to the local transport networks and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Clare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!