“good service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

the waitress was really friendly and the food was served in a quick manner. We found the atmosphere to be great and really enjoyed our time there.The food was really nice.

Visited December 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Ok- Not as good or as cheap as a Wetherspoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We visited Harvester on a Friday night after work as we fancied some pub grub.

We noticed the prices were on par with the likes of Nandos and other half decent pubs.

The food wasn't good enough, the chips were over fried, the pork ribs were straight from Iceland and the chicken was over cooked! The salad area was the best part of the restaurant and fresh ingredients were brought in regularly.

If your at the Fort, avoid this place as its over priced for what you get and Nando's is far better for a little extra money. Wetherspoons is a better all round place, better value for money and better portions. I left the Harvester hungry and disappointed, won't be visiting again unless I'm desperate.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Not Bad Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Originally decided to go to Frankie and Benny's next door but they ignored us, so we tried Harvester.,We were promptly shown to our table, but did wonder why we were sat on the other side of the restaurant next to the Xmas tree but not near any other customers!. We did have heaters so I was warm. However why were we put there when everyone else was on the other side of the restaurant and there were some table spare. I know, because my friend had decide to grow a dodgy beard and clearly we were put in the 'beard' section lol.

After much viewing of the menu, we order the triple chicken with chips and peas, mushrooms, corn on the cob, onion rings and two bottle of water and the bill was £20 . In addition to this we got 2 salad bowls and bread at the salad bar which was a great addition and in the price

Now as for the food, overall it was ok, did the job. I would not order the corn on the cob or mushrooms again. The chips were ok, but overall cant complain for the price we paid and we would go again based on value for money and the salad bar which was an added bonus.

At the end of meal we were still on our own! The restaurant inside was welcoming and aesthetically appealing. Next time please put us near people though so we can people watch, what else do we have to talk about after the weather and footie results lol

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Service here is dreadful!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I ate here a few weeks ago with my auntie. We ordered our food and the waitress was lovely. When we went up to the salad cart it was a mess... Salad all over the floor, rock hard bread buns and the salad was mixed up e.g. Onions on top of the lettuce, sweet corn mixed in with the beetroot. After waiting for half an hour for our food we tried to get the managers attention to ask him where our meal was and when we finally did get his attention he told us to wait and walked away!! When he returned TEN minutes later our food still hadn't arrived. He then went to find out what had happened only to tell us that our food had been sitting on the hatch and the waiter must have forgotten to bring it over. When our food was finally brought over to us it was cold, my aunties meal was edible but when it come to paying the bill I refused to pay for my meal as it was too cold to eat. The manager did apologise and come out with the poor excuse that he'd only been the manager there for a week! I would not eat here again, I'd rather go to the Harvester in Coleshill where the service is much better and the staff actually acknowledge you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Put me off Harvester's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Visited this branch about a month ago. Our experience was not at all good. Having visited various Harvester’s in the past, we were quite taken aback by the 'cafe' appearance of this Harvester. However we were met by a pleasant young lady & seated at a table. In no time at all our orders for drinks & food was taken. I ordered the two chicken & choritzo skewers and my finance ordered the classic burger.

Having just been to a local travel agents, my finance & I were very busy flicking through brochures and discussing possible arrangements whilst sipping our drinks & picking at our salad bar choices waiting for our food. Some 40 minutes later, my finance pointed out that our food was taking a long time. We eventually stopped a waitress who was delivering food to another table and she said she would enquire. This happened with another waitress some 5 minutes later & still no food. I made a strong complaint to the gentleman serving at the take-away area and in less than a minute our food was making its way to our table. My food was placed in front of me and my face immediately dropped. I told the waitress that not only was our food nearly an hour late – it didn’t exactly look appetising!!! The chicken not only looked overcooked but it was certainly was & where on earth did they manage to find the smallest jacket potato on this planet I would never know. The food was luke-warm. The top of my finance’s burger bun was slightly burnt, but the worst was that the chips were cold.
We promptly got up from the table and asked for our drinks bill. The staff were asking us to wait for the manager to come out to see us. Im not sure where this manager had been for the past hour but we had no intention of waiting for anyone else!!! We paid for our drinks and left.
Unfortunately, this experience has put us off visiting all Harvester’s and this is such a shame.

Visited October 2012