“Great hotel for weekend in Birmingham” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel La Tour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Albert Street, Birmingham B5 5JE, England   |
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel for weekend in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed in Hotel La Tour last month with my mother. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, and we were absolutely delighted that they let us check into our room 6 hours early at no extra cost. Great location, we were able to get to the shops, cinema and even the NIA by foot from the hotel. Also appreciated being able to record tv programmes on the television in the hotel room. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the shopping in Birmingham, happy to hear you could advantage of some of the hi tech equipment like television recording. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel la Tour is a luxurious hotel that should have been given 5 stars in my opinion as it's so far above the other 4 star offerings in Birmingham. Staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We arranged an informal get together for friends and family before we left for sunnier climates and we used the large bar area to host our get together. Lovey large area with great staff, food and service.

Our room was just a city room but was fantastic. Very functional and large enough for our needs. I had read that rooms were small but I felt this room was on a par with many four star hotels I have stayed in. I would gladly stay or recommend this to people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham hope you are enjoying the sunny climates. Kind regards, Jane Riley.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have stayed here on two occasions visiting our Daughter at University. The hotel, rooms and Staff have always been first class and we will stay there for our future visits. The hotel is obviously new but cleanliness and rooms are excellent, modern and functional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It was a great pleasure to welcome you back again on your recent visit and thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming again soon whilst you are visiting your daughter. I have passed on kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel to Sadie and her housekeeping team. Kind regards, Jane Riley
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for business in Feb 2013 and it's a good quality hotel, nice rooms, with a central location. The bar is stylish and special thanks to Keiron who was working on the evening I stayed there and was really helpful - great customer service.

Room Tip: Stayed in the room next up from standard, executive I think, and it was really nice - it had a view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and I hope we can welcome you back soon.I will pass on your thanks to Kieron. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Portimao, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights as I was seeing a couple of shows at the NEC. The hotel is very modern in decor and was clean and warm. The staff were very helpful and friendly to the point that on our first morning there was no hot buffet breakfast as not that many guests had booked. We were told just tell us what you would like and the chef will cook it to order!! Not many places would do that. I ordered 2 poached eggs on toast and they were absolutely perfect. My husband had the full english and mopped up every last mouthful. There was also a very good continental selection of pastries, muffins, cheese ham and cereals and to cap it all an actual toaster not one of those horrible rotating things that doesn't cook anything!!
The only down side was our room which although very modern, clean and hi-tech had only a single very narrow wardrobe (which already contained a second set of towels and an iron) which was fine if you were there overnight on business. The bathroom had nowhere to hang the extra towels required for a couple staying and the towel rail was placed at the end of the shower cubicle so when showering you are in danger of soaking your towel, wash bag and any night wear you may hang on it. I think if the designer had just worked their way through an average travellers routine these things could easily have been included. The other gripe was there was nowhere to place your bag/case during the stay so we had to keep stepping over it! The hotel is ideally located for the Bull ring shopping centre and the train station and only a short walk (5 minutes) to all city centre. Overall I think it is a very nice hotel for an overnight stay but any longer and you will struggle in a standard room for two people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Hotel La Tour Birmingham during your recent stay. Thanks very much for all your positive comments. I have also taken on broad your feedback in regard to the bedroom design and will looking into this matter. We look forward to seeing you next time. Regards Jane Riley
Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The room was ok. Tidy and good bed with good pillows. Service in the hotel bar was below par. Nobody came to get our order, bar did not have all soft drinks necessary to make drinks, service was slow when finally attended to. No minibar which really is a minus on this price level.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Hotel La Tour and Alvar Bar. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the bedrooms and I will be addressing the negative elements of your review with regard to the bar service. I do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.

Been to Hotel La Tour? Share your experiences!