“Great authentic food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 1,591 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A family run restaurant with character and a warm atmosphere, Casa Italia offers a vast choice on its menu with a variety of freshly prepared dishes. Pizzas, Pastas, Steak, Chicken and Fish fill the main course selection and the infamous garlic bread is definitely worth a trip. Tucked away in the heart of Birmingham, on the famous Hagley Road, this really is a place not to be missed, a classic venue offering a true taste of Italy.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food and service. We both had starters and mains and we couldn't fault the food and the service. The portions are very generous and great value for money and we are definitely going there again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ripponden
“Not terrible, not excellent: could improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Venue: Although it can't be helped, the restaurant is very small and not ideal if you are after an intimate meal. I wouldn't recommend for parties (they also charge extra 'service charge for parties of 5 and over!!')

Service: Very friendly service, can't fault the waitresses at all.

Food/drink: Very average considering the prices; and the garlic bread starter is clearly not home made; or at least it tasted manufactured. Mains were okay but didn't have that 'wow' factor I look for in a restaurant. Desserts were well presented although mine was still frozen in the centre. Wine prices are okay. In all, expect to pay in region of £50 for 2 persons.

Would I visit again? Probably, but definitely not in a hurry to do so.

Birmingham
“Lovely little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A friend and I met there for an after work meal. We sat downstairs and at 6pm on a Friday were only one of two tables occupied, although we had booked.
It has an authentc atmosphere with both my friend and I commenting we felt like we were on our holidays (despite the view of the Hagley Road).
The food was great we had bruschetta and an aubergine dish to start with both of us having the risotto from the al forno menu which was divine. My friend had the tiramasu for pud and I had the banoffee pie. Nice but not the best I've had.
Overall a lovely night and it was packed by the time we left. Definately will be going again.....might even take my hubby!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oldbury, United Kingdom
“Tremendously good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went with my wife 2 weekends ago - we had not been for some 18 months or so but had checked out the menu on the website and it was quite appealing. We made a booking and were shown to our table by a nice young lady who took and delivered our drinks order. The the maitre de came down and straight away said we had not been there for a while - my wife said 'you remember us then' with an affirmative reply. What a great greeting. The food was excellent, hot speedily served. Music in the background slightly loud but not too much. Tables were turning well and everyone looked as if they were enjoying their evening. All in all - brilliant - and if you check the website, there are vouchers for offers for every month!

Take a tip - have an extra course and make your starter starter the garlic bread - it must be the best in the country.

Shall now make this a regular haunt.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I have been using Casa Italia for many years. The food is always excellent. However, if you go through the card and have a few drinks it starts to get expensive. This could be said of any restaurant though. Friendly service and a warm welcome.

• Visited July 2013