“Nice attentive waiter, food portions not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #260 of 1,606 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British, Bar, Brasserie, Fish & Chips
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Set against the elegant backdrop of St Martin’s Square, Browns Birmingham is part of the thriving new restaurant scene at Spiceal Street. Where better to begin sampling the Second City’s eating-out revolution?.Whether at work or play, Browns offers a uniquely relaxing atmosphere. Unwind over a plate of freshly cooked, modern food. Start your weekend in style with one of our expertly mixed cocktails. Or reward the day’s efforts with a glass of what you fancy from our well-chosen wine and beer range
London, United Kingdom
“Nice attentive waiter, food portions not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me and my partner went to Brown's for a drink an a snack. We had swift service and our waiter was very friendly and attentive. We had our drinks served promptly and we both thought very good value for what we had. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the good. We had a pulled pork flat bread with hardly any pulled pork on it. It tasted good but I was very disappointed. The same for the salt and pepper squid, 4 pounds for 6 tiny thin sliced rings. I hardly couldn't believe it.
I would go back for drinks but not for food.
Honestly I would come back for drinks but not for food.

BrownsManager, Manager at Browns Bar & Brasserie, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Reisender4631

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. We welcome all feedback. I am sorry to hear that the food was not to your liking, In future I urge you to please let your server know if you are unhappy with anything and we will sort it out for you there and then. Please be sure to come visit us again in the near fute for a better experience.

Assistant manager

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visited Browns this morning with a couple of friends, for breakfast. Service was excellent; very friendly staff and seated quickly.
The food was brilliant! The portion size was perfect too; not too little and not too much, just right!

Will definitely visit again when in Birmingham!

Highly recommended!

Dear Kaiserwheats

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and give us your positive feedback. I am so delighted we impressed you. Please be sure to come and join us again for luch or dinner

Assistant manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked a table for 3 people at Browns, it was recommended as a nice lunch stop for my sisters birthday shopping trip. We arrived to be told by a girl with no smile that there was only a table opposite the door or by the bar left, despite the fact I could see more suitable empty tables. I reiterated we had booked so wasn't there a table reserved for us but the waitress struggled to engage so we settled on the small round table oppo the door. Half an hour later we were served drinks that I'd had to call the waiter to order. We ordered food and were served, my sister and son were happy with their hotdogs but I sent my goats cheese flatbread back as most of it had no cheese. It was returned promptly and we enjoyed the food having borrowed an extra chair so that we could share the table better. (We later observed all the good size tables being given to following customers)
We waited an age for desserts order, I called over a waitress and we did finally receive a lovely pudding. No one offered coffee so we paid (eventually) and left. Disappointed summed it up. We had a coffee opposite in a coffee shop to finish our meal, ( where we were served promptly and by friendly staff)
So much for a nice lunch. Would not recommend this place, poor service poor attitude and just so uncomfortable. Such a shame.

Visited October 2013
BrownsManager, General Manager at Browns Bar & Brasserie, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Su L,
I'm sorry to read of your disappointing expereince with us and would like the chance to discuss with you. Please could you give me a call on 0121 6438708.
Regards,
Elizabeth Davies
“Great food and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I visited the Birmingham Browns on sunday after a bit of shopping and we had a fantastic sunday lunch. The food was lovely (I had a lamb shouder from the sunday lunch menu) but what was really surprising was how busy the bar was! We originally thought it was more of a restaurant for evenings but the bar was busy and had a great atmosphere, we will pop in for a drink next time we are in the Bullring

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear steve3689,
Many thanks for your fantastic review of your recent visit, it's really great to read such positive comments. It's true that a lot of people don't realise that we have a bar also - the only cocktail bar in the area in fact! I look forward to seeing you back soon.
Regards,
Elizabeth Davies
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice Bar in the Centre of Birmingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We called in here for a drink to celebrate just choosing our Wedding Rings and sat outside watching the activities outside the Bullring Shopping Centre. We didn't have any food but it was a nice location for a drink.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BrownsManager, Manager at Browns Bar & Brasserie, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Tony_and_Kay

Firstly congrats on choosing your wedding rings. Secondly thank you so much for taking the time to write a reveiw. I hope to see you soon for a meal, please come and try our new menu.

Assistant Manager