“Great carvery” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dormy Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birmingham
Dormy Hotel
You added Dormy Hotel to your Saves list
304 - 306 Hagley Road | Edgbaston, Birmingham B17 8DJ, England (Harborne)   |
Ranked #39 of 50 Birmingham B&B and Inns
England
“Great carvery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I do not know what it is like to stay in this hotel but I often go for carvery here. The carvery is a little over four pounds (even on sundays) and is one of the best carveries in terms of quality and choice. Amazing value and the staff are friendly and chatty. Cheap and cheerful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Booked this hotel with a couple of friends and my partner very last minute for a reunion night out and was by far the cheapest place we could find on such short notice that was near(ish) to the city centre. It worked out at £50 for a decent sized room with an en suite, which included breakfast.

The room itself was as you would expect for a place that seems to offer budget rooms - whilst the bed was comfortable, the whole room could have done with a bit of updating and you got the odd dodgy feature e.g. wobbly taps, wobbly towel rack and dodgy plumbing that meant we kept hearing the sink/toilet gurgle whenever the people next door used their sink/shower (this latter problem was particularly irritating in the morning!).

Breakfast was pretty abysmal - the signs in the room said it was served until half 9 on Sunday mornings, however there was no one really about when I went in just after 9. When I finally saw someone and asked if they were still serving it, they made out that they stopped serving at 9 but would be able to get me something (though this was with a lot of grumbling, telling me I'd have to wait a while!). I eventually got my poached eggs on toast - the toast was cold and I heard them make it about 10 minutes before they served me - and the eggs were overcooked and looked like they had been made in the microwave!

Overall, I'd book again if I was desperate - the hotel is 5-10 minute drive into the city centre - but if I had a choice, I'd just book with Travelodge as its usually very cheap in advance, you know what you are getting and you can get one right in the centre!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 - avoid it if you are woken by the slightest noise as the gurgling plumbing will...