“Fantastic food, fantastic service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

With an abundance of Asian cuisine in Birmingham and having tried most if not all I can safely say that the Sanskrit is by far the best I have encountered. The food really is fantastic and I have now been 4 times as I am trying to work my way through the menu. This place caters for the whole family and my youngest (6) to my oldest (15) really enjoy it there as the owners are also fantastic. If you want great food at good prices then this is a must try place. Try the fish for starters, SUPERB!!!

• Visited September 2013

Truro, United Kingdom
“A special end to a very special day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We came to Birmingham (form deepest Cornwall) with one intention. To visit the Jewellery Quarter and buy a diamond. Not just any diamond but a huge perfect one which I would later give to my wife to be. On this front we were not disappointed. Raj and Olli at Cirrus did us proud (separate excellent review) and we left with exactly what we had hoped for.
We had already tried a new Indian restaurant on the Stratford road. Good, full of locals but geared to the British idea of Indian food (and no wine)'
Sanskrit is different. Run by whom we presumed to be a husband and wife team front of house (if they are not they ought to be) attention to detail and knowing just how to look after their guests appeared to be second nature. The food was just fabulous. Genuine home cooking in the traditional style at its very best. We were even provided with a dish as a request which was not on the menu. But equally as good as the food was the atmosphere. Being full of Indian extended families who behaved as if they were in their own home (general banter, chat, laughter and children form new born to teens all behaving impeccably) you could have been in Delhi not Hall Green. This only served to enhance the whole marvellous experience. A far cry from the traditional stuffy 'British' idea of going out for dinner in muted silence, afraid to speak to each other.
We live almost 300 miles away from this little gem but will be visiting again soon. In the immortal words of Arnie, 'we'll be back', and soon. On 13th October to be precise!

• Visited August 2013
“tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

went went my wife and found it a very tasty treat lovely flavours and and friendly staff decore was good overall very good experience will be back

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Food like it is in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I left Bangalore 8 years ago and have missed my mothers cooking for a full 8 years until I ate at Sanskrit on a recent return visit to B-ham. I can not give any more praise than this. The mutton curries were complex and dark and extremely delicious. Nice service and not very expensive. This is one to restaurant to try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Delightful food and people - different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

At last a fresh Indian experience, interesting menu, lovely friendly staff, expert cooking. The four of us came for a family celebration and were made very welcome. All the dishes were tasty, expertly prepared - a delight.

Four people with starters, three mains, no room for pudding but several drinks each, £100. Terrific value.

We have had our fill of greasy, samey dishes all based on one sauce, rubbery naans and poorly prepared spices. All that is now a distant memory. We're fans.

• Visited July 2013