“Loved this property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Loved this property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at this property as we were attending the NEC bike show two years ago. Even thought it is a little, well a lot out of the city, it is wonderful.

It was also my partner and I second year anniversary at the time. We had dinner, which was amazing. We did have a long wait for the food which was I was not very impressed about, but upon mentioning this to the manager on duty we were refunded part of our bill.

Also we were also given a complimentary anniversary desert for our special occasion, which I loved.

Staff were amazing and so friendly.

The room was AMAZING and the bed was soooo comfy I didn't want to leave. The location in itself is so relaxing and, away from it all.

I loved this property and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night work conference at the Forest of Arden Marriott. On the whole a very good stay. I believe the main reason for this being the staff going the extra mile. From the receptionists on front deck to the Oaks Bar Staff (? Alaistair in particular) who remembered your favourite drinks each night. The air conditioning in our meeting rooms was a little temperamental ie one minute you would be freezing and the next boiling. One morning it took over half an hour for my poached eggs to arrive and I had to leave without them having arrived! Room service food was good and on time if not a bit early. Rooms were ok. Lots of parking and close to the train station. Wifi was also a little slow sometimes.

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice and quiet hotel. Clean, good service. Stayed there Jan with tons of snow.....Loved the spa and also the restaurant/bar...would stay there again if i am in the area
Location was great for us since we had family in Nuneaton and had to go to University Hospital at Coventry a bunch. Location not too close to any major shopping areas but a beautiful facility.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Breda, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a two day business meeting in Birmingham. The hotel is located well - in the hillside at 20 min from the international airport. While riding onto the grounds deer are roaming the golf course. Although for Marriott standards the building is ready for an overhaul, all is compensated by the great service oriented attitude of the staff. When our taxi came in too late. The receptionist actually drove us to the airport himself. What more can I say. Great stay for business meetings.

• Stayed January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went to the Forest of Arden for a christmas party event. The food was of a much higher quality than I was expecting, given the "conveyor belt" style that is typical of other hotels/restaurants. If this is the standard at an event of such numbers and the pressure to serve everyone within a short space of time, the quality at any other time of year should be excellent. The entertainment (a Kylie Minogue themed night) was interesting and made a nice change, although it perhaps went on a bit too long for some. The bedrooms were clean with good views, although it was a bit of a walk to reception, particularly as the layout isn't completely straightforward - we went round in a bit of a circle initially! The breakfast was good with lots of choice. Possibly not an outstanding visit but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for four nights whilst working at the NEC. I checked in each night when it was dark, and left each morning in darkness, and so didn't get to appreciate the wonderful view from my room overlooking the golf course.
The staff are one of the hotel's best assets, from the welcome at Reception, to Phil the Concierge who welcomed me by name each evening, to Alistair in the Oaks Bar who ensured that my glass was refreshed and I was happy with my (excellent) food.
A 15 minute drive from the Airport and NEC, this hotel is a peaceful oasis at the end of a hard day. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course have excellent views
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I attended a 3 day meeting at this hotel and I can say this is a nice hotel with very good staff.
The room was tidy and clean. I had a few bar meals and one night I had dinner in the restaurant.
Service was polite and fast. The bar staff were excellent. I was pleased with this hotel it wasn't the best in the World but was a high standard overall.
Close to Birmingham airport. A very good location for your meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!