“Similar experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Similar experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

As with the last two reports, noisy neighbours ( not the hotels fault ) but little concern when mentioned. Bar staff miserable and surly.
Hotel is central and rooms are comfortable and clean.
Car park across the main road isn't too inconvenient.
Wouldn't stay here again as choice of hotels in same price range are far superior.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is great but parking is very expensive. £15 for one night is pretty pricey but there's really no other choice if you have a car.
Great location and clean, comfortable rooms I would stay again but consider getting a train to save on parking.

• Stayed October 2014
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have to say, lovely hotel and rooms, nice bar (though staff rarely smile) and don't get ripped off on price of drinks. BUT
I stayed on 13th floor and hardly slept because of what sounded like a vacuum going on all night.

I went to reception on the morning and complained and was shocked at the response of "well you are next to the service elevator sir!" Oh so I'm supposed to know that but you obviously did! I was told it was a 24 hour reception and they could have relocated me but at 2am who is going to want to start moving stuff after a nights partying. Terrible customer service!!!!!

Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We arrived at hotel to quite a lengthy queue but went down quite quick due to few check in desks, found our room through Trivargo at £62 was cheap for time of year & was pleasantly surprised to find we had two double beds & breakfast included which we didn't pay extra for, I asked for room away from lifts after reading other comments about them being noisy, unfortunately I had noisy neighbours instead who was quite vocal all night long! Was staying in hotel as was attending an Xmas work do & found food & drink nice & normal hotel prices for drinks. Breakfast next morning was buffet which included everything you could think of which was very nice too, overall I would def recommended hotel to anyone looking for a Central location in Birmingham

• Stayed December 2014
Stratford Upon Avon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice room, decent breakfast and only a few hundred yards from Symphony Hall, the Sea Life Centre, and the Christmas markets. We booked this in March and got a really good price too. We had a room on the 7th floor and it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here 2 years ago for an anniversary trip away, the hotel had just been refurbished and was great. Two years later it looked a little dated and worn. I say this more so because we paid £130 (after £20 discount which involved cancelling my original booking for £150 and re-booking) - we expected more for our money. The heating was not working well so the room was little cold especially for December and the bath plug would not open, so after a shower the bath was half full.
We could have paid an extra £30 and stayed at the 4 star Hyatt Regency which is only a block away. The hotel is centrally located and car parks are nearby and all in all the hotel is ok but if I have to pay over £100 next time I'll pay a few quid more and stay at the 4 star Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Malaga, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Got a two nights reservation for a weekend and I arrived to the hotel two hours before the official check-in time. The miserable surprise was to see at the front desk a guy that, without even looking at the system, told me rudely that they didnt have anything available (Im sure that's not true, I know how hotels work). And I keep saying miserable as I've insisted in a payable early check in as I have just arrived from Asia after 20 hours of flights... the guy at the front desk, without looking at the computer, I insist, and looking he is not at his best mood (that's not my fault) says he won't do nothing so I should wait at the lobby for 2 hours and a half (after 20 hours flying, so nice). I will try to talk to the director, we are receiving some authorities tonight, we are co sponsors of one of the teams of the city (the AV) and its because of the match we have tomorrow agains ManU that we are here. Shame on this hotel. Don't try it at least you want to feel mistreated by an unpolite recepcionist.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Jurys Inn Birmingham? Share your experiences!