“Good value, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Brunswick Square | Brindley Place, Birmingham B1 2HW, England (Ladywood)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £77
Ranked #25 of 137 hotels in Birmingham
“Good value, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a well located hotel right in the heart of Birmingham. My room was not large, but was modern, clean and comfortable. In room dining had a limited menu but food quality was very good and fast. Overall, recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Nicola U, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for leaving your comments On Tripadvisor which always prove invaluable to us. We are glad that you like our location as we believe it to be one of the best in the city, situated in the prestigious Brindleyplace area close to bars, restaurants and the beautiful canals.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future

1,381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in July. It was the first time that I have ever stayed in a Garden Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. Easy to find with great secure parking just behind the hotel.
The check in was a little slow but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I had dinner in the bar area with a colleague which was very nice and enabled us to relax.

My room was very bright and airy and the bed was comfortable. The only downside to the room was that the air conditioning unit would not allow me to adjust the temperature of the room so it was a little too hot. I therefore had to sleep with the window open which was a little noisy. Still managed to get a reasonable nights sleep though.

In the morning the restaurant was packed for breakfast. My colleague and I found a table however we had a long wait before we were able to get any tea or coffee.

The buffet was nice and had a good selection. Again the staff on departure were lovely and as such I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and iMacs in all the bedrooms.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at The Hilton Garden for one night whilst we attended a concert at the Symphony Hall. The hotel is located just a few minutes walk from The Symphony Hall and the NIA, it is surrounded by bars and a wide range of eating places. Breakfast was good with an assortment of Traditional English and Continental ingredients.Good service and reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team today. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and hope that you were able to take advantage of some of our great facilities while you were here such as our complimentary wifi and 24 hour pantry service.

Sussex girl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I arrived early evening, check in procedures were fine, staff were friendly and efficient and I was in my room in minutes.
The hotel is very well placed in Birmingham and many restaurants, bars and clubs are nearby.
The room was comfortable and warm (but not too warm) and the air con was easily controllable.
IT connectivity is good and TV facilities were fine. The shower room is very compact but has everything you need and was sparkling clean.
Excellent dressing table mirror with access to elecricity output for hairdryer and straighteners and with good light for make-up.
My one criticism is that the table I was initially shown to was slap in the middle of the dining room with all the dining traffic close at hand, I did feel I was being offered a substandard place because I was a woman dining alone. However when I indicated another table close to the window there was no quibble.
Overall I would recommend the hotel.
Car parking on site is limited but the hotel offers a discounted rate in conjunction with the nearby multi storey - £12 for 24 hours.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for leaving your comments following on from your recent stay with us. We always aim to exceed guest expectation and it satisfies us greatly when we achieve it. We are glad that you like our location as we believe it to be one of the best in the city, located in the prestigious Brindleyplace area close to bars, restaurants and the beautiful canals.

We do hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Attentive service throughout and generous servings of scones and cakes in comfortable surroundings. Food was presented on proper tiered cake stands, and staff were quite happy to bring us a second (very large) pot of tea. Having asked for veggie sandwiches on making our booking, it was refreshing that the waitress clarified that we were happy with egg and cheese when we arrived. Proper tea leaves would have given it a 5, rather than a 4, but having tried numerous other afternoon tea venues in Birmingham/Manchester, this was hard to beat for quality and value combined.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding our afternoon tea. We are of course biased and believe that it is one of the best in the city, however it is great to have this opinion reinforced by the clientele who we are trying to impress.

Don't forget that we can also cater for a wide range of events and private functions, including weddings and family parties.

We do hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

really good no frills hotel with access to the heart of Birmingham. Nice AV system in the room. towels were really good. recommended if you need to get your head down in the centre of town. Close to a good variety of restaurants and cool pubs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for two nights - 1st and 2nd Septemer. My decision to stay at this hotel was based on the fact that there was free wifi in the room, and a fitness centre. The ‘Hilton’ name also caused me to expect a certain standard.

In terms of location, it is ideally situated for the ICC, NIA, Sealife centre etc, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from for alternatives to the standard hotel fare on offer at the HGI. However, what I would say is that, although some reviews state that the hotel is within easy walking distance from New Street station, it is a bit of a trudge if (like me) you are carrying a briefcase and suitcase. A taxi to/ from the station costs approximately £5.

On arrival at the hotel I was promptly checked in, and told that I was eligible to receive two free bottles of water – which I should help myself to from the fridge within the ‘Pantry’ area. This was the only use I made of this section of the hotel, so I can’t comment on prices/ variety etc.

My room was a standard size city hotel room. The bed was nice and big (and comfy), but the bathroom was a little on the small side. That said, the shower was nice, although I found it slightly odd that the complimentary toiletries consisted of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, but no shower gel…

I was on a corporate Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rate, so I decided to eat at the hotel. The restaurant is closed on a Sunday, and so I had to eat in the bar. There were only one or two comfy chairs in the bar area, which were taken up by another group, so I was stuck with the ‘school canteen’ style table and chairs. When the food arrived it was mediocre, and I left most of it before going up to my room, glad that I hadn’t paid for it myself.

The following morning I went downstairs to breakfast, to be confronted by what can only be called absolute chaos. There is a sign asking you to wait to be seated, at which point someone asks for your room number, and then tells you to sit where you like. This system does not help to quell the chaos… With buffet breakfast (such as this), people invariably leave their table in order to help themselves to more food. Combined with the fact that no-one appeared to be clearing tables, (all of them had dirty plates on), you had no idea which had been vacated completely, and which were waiting for their occupants to return, with more food. Also, no-one approached and asked whether I wanted tea/ coffee etc, and many of the fruit juice options (to which you could help yourself) were in need of re-filling. The ‘help yourself’ buffet area was small, and again disorganised. This resulted in me having a breakfast of bran flakes and grapefruit juice, before grabbing a banana, and retiring to my room.

The exact same situation ensued the following morning, although that evening, I decided to skip the bar, and order room service. Although the meal arrived within 20 minutes, it was bland, and lukewarm.

The second thing which caused me to book the HGI, was the mention of a Fitness Centre, which I used on the second evening. This was small, as you would expect from any inner-city hotel, but there was only one other person in there with me, and I was free to use the treadmill for as long as I liked.

Although the room was nice enough (ie. I like the free wifi, comfy bed and iMac system), this was the only thing which would make me even consider staying at the Hilton Garden Inn again, and I would book room only and eat out at one of the many alternative restaurants available close by.

In short, on my next stay in Birmingham, I would probably look to stay elsewhere.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for leaving your comments follwoing your reecent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience which I am more than happy to discuss with you in more detail. Please contact me at nicola.underhill@hilton.com at your earliest convenience.

Nicola Underhill

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace? Share your experiences!