“Nice hotel ,had a few problems but does not feel like a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace

You added Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Brunswick Square | Brindley Place, Birmingham B1 2HW, England (Ladywood)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 25% off
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
sheffield
“Nice hotel ,had a few problems but does not feel like a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived around 1:30 pm and was given our room immediately upon check in ,which was great as we had my disabled mother with us.
We told the lady at reception ,that we had parked the car in the HOTEL car park and told her what bay and asked if it was payable or free , as it is usually free when a disabled guest stays (all other Hilton s I have stayed in have been free) .The lady said she would let me know later ,which she did and said it was payable.They were also supposed to have reserved me a space as i had phoned in advance but this did not happen.

I had asked for connecting rooms but the rooms were four doors away from each other(not good when celebrating my 40th birthday ).we were told "they did not have ANY connecting rooms).The rooms are very nice and have everything you need for a short breakaway including fridge ,safe,pc/mac with Free internet and also free WiFi so I could use my ipad.

There is a laundry room with washer and dryers for hotel guests to use on the 2nd floor and also a small fitness room located on the 1st floor.

On the first day when leaving the hotel to go to the town centre we popped to reception to inquire about something and was told we could not leave the car park unless we had a key card we were given the card and she wrote the bay number down and said this was OUR bay for the whole stay but we decided to walk instead (should have been given this upon CHECK IN).

On the 1st night NO HOT WATER AND NO HEATING brrrrr let the tap/shower run ,still no hot water so could not have a shower.I had to turn the heating off as it was blowing cold so had to get under the duvet.
On the following morning (my birthday )NO HOT WATER OR HEATING AGAIN so called reception and was told someone would come and they did.They told us it was done buy computer so they would change the settings.They must have changed them as it was warmer for a little while but also had a burning smell coming from the air con .I was worried about my mother because she has had a lot of illnesses and needs to keep warm. so they gave her a little fan heater (not what you expect from a 4* hotel.

On my birthday we decided to take the car out and popped to reception to ask something and was told if we wanted to leave the car park we would NEED A CODE for the exit ,so was told the code, went to town ,came back and someone was parked in our bay (so much for our bay being reserved for the whole stay).To me this hotel has a lot of problems and is not run to the standard of a normal Hilton .We should have been give the key card ,code ,and reserved bay upon check in

Because I am an Hilton honours member I should have received a free paper in the mornings but even this was not mentioned at check in, although I did receive four vouchers for free water from the pantry (mini shop at reception area).

Breakfast was great, not a vast choice but was enough .The bacon and scrambled eggs were delicious and the omelette was nice too.

The hotel is nice (as a MINT hotel) and location perfect but I/we experienced a lot of problems within our short stay and I would not want repeat them.This is the only Hilton I have stayed in that I have been glad to leave .I am surprised Hilton have put there name / taken over this hotel because although the staff are polite and friendly the efficiency of a Hilton is not there.

Please note.THERE IS NO LIFT FROM HOTEL CAR PARK TO RECEPTION / HOTEL only stairs.

What should have been simple to sort out on check in, became a nightmare throughout our stay .

This hotel is in a great location , town centre about 15 minute walk from hotel .1 minute walk on to broad street .turn left, cross the road ,walk all the way down broad street passing several pubs including O'Neil s, Witherspoon s, Lloyd s number one carry on to the underground through the underground keep left through fletcher's walk (little indoor centre )cross at the crossing and you are in Birmingham centre.

For this stay we paid £262 for two rooms for two nights through the 40% off offer AND £25.00 parking so in total £287.00 .A good price for a Hilton Hotel but in my opinion it is not worthy of the Hilton name.

If it was not for the problems with the hot water ,heating and car park I would loved to have given this hotel a better rating because the rooms are lovely but I am afraid I have to give it an average rating .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wanted somewhere to stay overnight due to a night out in Birmingham, this hotel is located in a great place just off Broad Street, many pubs and nice restaurants only a minute away. On arrival met with a smile, no problems checking in and my room was a Queen room. Very clean and comfortable room with free wi fi and computer supplied. Bar area was really nice all the staff were professional, polite and helpful. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a queen room if you can, I got one for the same price as a standard room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ive stayed here in the past when it was called mint hotel or city inn hotel and the luxury feel was very much there. However on this occasion it was gone a little for some reason....

However the breakfast was nice and we all had waffles!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in January 2013 for business at the icc.
5 minutes walk to the venue which was excellent.
The check in was quick and easy.
The rooms were well equipped ... With Apple Macs in the rooms, free wi-fi and television built in.
There are no baths in the room, and the heating was noisy but otherwise you could not really need any more...
Breakfast was great with plenty of choice ... From waffles to full English and an omelette making station!
Check out was also easy, with a card to ensure that the parking I the nearby ncp was only £12 for 24 hours rather than £25!
All in all would return

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited the NIA in Birmingham on a very snowy evening. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is just a stone throw from the Arena.

The Hotel is very well placed for restaurants and other attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful. Bedrooms very well equipped, quiet and comfortable. Hotel parking reasonably priced.
Excellent breakfast.

Will use it again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Torquay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed overnight to go to a concert at NIA in Birmingham. Hotel subsidises the multistorey car park next door so the 24 hours costs £12 which is not bad for city centre.
All very clean and sparkling; staff are very obliging and efficient with quick check-in.Good advice on local facilities, map, directions to venues etc.
Rooms excellent, lovely comfy bed, Apple TV/computer unit. Bathroom rather compact & bijou (shower not bath) but more than adequate with nice toiletries.
Breakfast is buffet service with egg/omelette station, waffle maker etc. All good quality and nice and hot.Again, staff very efficient and well-trained.
Overall, thoroughly recommended for a Birmingham City break, especially as it is only a few minutes walk from NIA and the main shopping areas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a second time still like the cleanliness and the modern trendy deco. The room is spotless clean and provides good shampoo and body wash. There is always taxi queuing outside the hotel need not worry about calling for a cab if you are in a hurry.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace? Share your experiences!