“Not a Japanese or Italian bike in sight!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 306 things to do in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Motorcycle Museums award winning facilities provides a truly unique venue for your conference, seminar, banquet or function. Breathtaking displays of literally hundreds of fully restored British motorcycles are on hand to provide an extra attraction to your delegates. We aim to offer more than a unique venue, however. We know that the success of any function is dependent upon the backing and support of an experienced and caring staff. 13 luxuriously appointed and newly renovated suites, ranging from just 5 to up to 1000 delegates offer the flexibility to suite most requirements. The National Motorcycle Museum is at the hub of the country’s motorway system and rail network, with Birmingham International railway station just five-minutes taxi ride away. Access from everywhere within the UK is direct and overseas visitors praise the excellent international services provided at Birmingham Airport, which is less than two miles in distance away. The National Exhibition Centre is also near the Museum complex and we offer vast car parking facilities.Many of our clients are ‘blue-chip’ companies from home and overseas. They come back to us time after time – we know you will too, and look forward to seeing you to discuss your requirements in the near future.
Gloucestershire, UK
45 attraction reviews
“Not a Japanese or Italian bike in sight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

An amazing but very static collection of British bikes! I'd forgotten what a fab heritage of so many makers we have. The bikes have all been restored after the fire 10yrs ago, & they are immaculate with barely a spec of dust in sight. We took my Dad up for his birthday - he used to have a Vincent & an Ariel - you can easily spend 3/4 hrs browsing, with coffee & some nice grub for lunch thrown in, & it is well worth the admission.
But - I do agree with a previous reviewer - it could be much better - there are so many greats, so much innovation, & so many stories to be told of our 2 wheeled history it does seem a bit of a shame that more isn't made of it with videos, a cinema, or more interactive engine displays. My Dad had stories about some of the bikes on display - the information on the bikes is not expansive - but I like that they do not value those lovely - & fairly priceless machines - very British -))
However, hubby commented he'd never seen such a large & immaculate collection of bikes - & I agree - well worth a visit.

Visited August 2013

“Well worth the wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I visited the National Motorcycle Museum in July and Had a great time. I had waited years to visit, but had never had a chance in the past as Birmingham is a long way away from the Highlands, but I managed to visit en route to a holiday in Berkshire. The wait was certainly worthwhile as this Venue is definitely a Mecca for anyone with an interest in motorcycles and it was quite overwhelming to arrive there after a wait of thirty years.
On arrival we were greeted by Rene, who was most pleasant and insisted on admitting us on a family admission as it would be cheaper for us, even though I stated that the cost (which still would have been cheaper than all other venues we have visited) was unimportant as I was so happy just to be there after waiting so long.
The boys were then given a clipboard and sent off to find various teddies on motorcycles around the museum and were aided by an extremely helpful and friendly man who gave up a fair while of his time to make things fun for them and they had fun doing so. At the end they were presented with a bag with various goodies inside which definitely cost the Museum more than it cost me for their admission, not many places would be so generous. The Wife and the boys then visited the excellent Cafe and took in some sun on the Balcony, allowing me to amble along myself trying to take in all the excellent bikes on display, every single one as if it had just left the factory (if not in better condition!!). There are many machines there of historical interest I had read about in the past or seen pictures of in books and to see them for real was amazing, you really could nearly feel the presence of the likes of George Brough, Hailwood, Walker, Woods, MacIntyre, Duke and the like. Modern heroes are not forgotten either with the rotary Nortons of Hislop, Dunlop and Moodie etc, and also the Triumphs of TT legends Anstey and John MacGuinness.
I also had the pleasure of chatting to one of the restorer chaps who was a real enthusiast and certainly is lucky to have what I would class not a good job, but an excellent hobby. I also met Simon who owns the Museum, a true gentleman who no doubt is a very busy man, but managed to chat to me for around an hour about the museum and the more special exhibits on offer.
One afternoon is not enough time to savour all the Museum has to offer, I will be visiting again hopefully sooner rather than later and I am looking forward already.
If you enjoy motorcycles in any way at all, do not drive past and not visit, you will probably be kicking yourself, I know I would!
Keep up the good work "Where Legends Live On".

Visited July 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“What an interesting Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a superb selection of both classic and modern motor bikes, some exquisite examples and some rare bikes, a must for the motor bike enthusiast.

Visited June 2013
B'ham
69 attraction reviews
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great location and good venue for a big do.
Been there for work and weddings.
The museum is a nice add on for guests.
Food good amd huge carpark

Visited August 2012
Durham
5 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable amount of British motorcycles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you are into British motorcycles, then you MUST visit here! Good car park, clean and tidy venue, and most importantly friendly helpful staff. The first section is free of charge, but you really would be missing out if you don't pay the eight and a bit quid to see the rest. The free section is a bit of a taster, and then once through the barriers there is room after room after room stuffed full of classic British bikes. Ariel to Vincent, they are all there. There is even a bike from each year and some really rare and exotic bikes. When was the last time that you saw a Hesketh for example?

It was brilliant to see the Triumph rotaries, a Vincent Black Shadow and some class TT bikes. What you won't see is any Foreign bikes, this museum is a homage to the British Bike industry and as such, you should go and have a look as its cracking value for money.

Only problem for me was the lack of time to take it all in. There is at least 800 exhibits so do give yourself sufficient time. There is some great information displayed as well with technical and other interesting information.

The museum is situated close to Birmingham Airport, and the main railway line from Birmingham New Street to London Euston. Its also on a junction of the A42 so getting there isn't likely to be a problem (taxi from the railway station or Airport)

This is a super museum, and the best thing to keep this national treasure is to go and visit it. If you are in the least bit interested in Motorcycles, you owe it to yourself.

Visited July 2013