My husband and I stayed for 2 nights here whilst going to the BBC Good Food show at the NEC. We chose it because of previous good experiences at a Hilton but mainly because it was 5 minutes walk from the NEC.We booked an Executive room so we could enjoy the facilities of their exclusive lounge. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The executive lounge was quite small considering how many other guests could use it. An example was on an evening. Between 6pm and 8pm there are complimentary drinks (e.g. branded spirits, wine, beer lager etc) and canapes. Anyone arriving after 6.15 would find it very hard to find a seat.The staff worked extremely hard to keep the drinks and the food stocked up.
We took advantage of the health spa whilst there using the pool, sauna and steam room. The whole area was clean and calm.
We took full english breakfast in the restaurant. Whilst the food was plentiful most of it was stone cold so we were disappointed about this.
On an evening the hotel was extremely busy and we were lucky to find a table in the bar for a meal. However the waiting staff were very efficient and polite and we didn't have to wait long for our food to be served. Would we stay there again? Yes of course if going to the NEC again.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel Birmingham
- Hilton International Birmingham
- Hilton Birmingham
- Birmingham Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four star Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel is presently undergoing a £20 million planned refurbishment program. Completion is scheduled for 2009. The refurbishment includes public areas, restaurants, meeting space, and 790 bedrooms, each of which will benefit from new bathrooms, beds and interiors. Naturally steps have been taken to ensure that guests are not disrupted or inconvenienced. Please note: Accommodation in the Warwick wing of the hotel is planned to take place towards the end of the refurbishment program. However, this is reflected in the room rate charged for these predominantly SINGLE rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.