“Delicious food,lovely experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Delicious food,lovely experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised when we walked into this establishment as the decor is very lovely and there is a romantic ambience about the place...this was only at 5.30pm on a Sunday evening as well so we would love to return on a Friday or Saturday evening.The food was delicious,I had the goats cheese to start served with a scrumptious poached pear and walnuts.The only disappointment was that it was meant to be on raisin bread but it was served in a plain crostini but was lovely all the same.For the main I had chicken with spicy sausage,again,just delicious and very filling.The house red was also very good.The waiters were very friendly,attentive and welcoming.The service was a little slow but then again,why are we always in such a rush?All in all,a very pleasant experience and I would happily return if I visited Birminghsm again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have visited on a number of occasions and found the food to always be of a very high standard - presented really well, but enough to fill you up. There is a large enough range to choose, without it seeming like you've got a Chinese takeaway menu been placed infront of you...

The only bad experience I had is when I arrived late on a saturday evening without reservation and was told to take a seat in the bar and it would be around a 30minute wait. After an hour and quarter I enquired back with the manager who exclaimed in shock as he thought we were just using the bar - he seated us within seconds, gave what felt like a really genuine apology and complimented the deserts from the bill - I couldn't ask for more.

I've been on a total of 5 occasions now, and would have no qualms in returning and regularly recommend the restaurant to friends in the city.

• Visited June 2013
“Will be back!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Ate here today. Was very impressed and will definatly be returning!
The staff are very attentive and helpful! I am a very fussy eater and they adapted the dish to my liking, this proves that its cooked fresh! You can taste all of the ingredients in the food!
I usually go to pasta di piazza but like cucina rustica much more after my visit today.
The seating area outside is great for relaxing in the sun! Inside also, the place is spotless! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham
“Fantastic food and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fourteen of us went for a leaving do on a Saturday night. Our table was ready when we arrived and the staff were very friendly and helpful all night. The food was wonderful - in particular the goats cheese and pear starter. Portions were generous and everything was delicious. Food came quickly even though we were in a big group. We had pre-ordered from a set menu as we were a group but I would definitely like to go back and try the full menu.

“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Food all edible however seemed a bit pricey for anything other than pizza or pasta.
My soft shell crab starter was more shell than crab!!!!! But the two mains we ordered (risotto and cannelloni) we ok!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere