I havent stayed in this hotel for a number of years and it looks like nothing has changed in that time as the hotel is totally run down and needs an awful lot of work done to it. Its a typical ex Forte Posthouse style, long corridors on a couple of levels but has tonnes of free parking.
It is right by the M6 but if you need away quickly in the morning leave some time as the road outside the hotel suffers from bad traffic jams and it took me 15 mins to make it to the motorway despite it being very close.
The room I was in faced into the centre of the hotel on the ground floor. But it was tiny with a double bed crammed into the corner and not much room to the other side of the bed, lumpy mattress meant a not very comfortable night's sleep. The bathroom was just as bad very small and only one towel left that wasnt very big either.
The air con in the room wasnt working well and constantly blew out cold air regardless of what temperature you had the heading set for.
I ordered room service, but the phone in the room was broken so I had to go down to reception, when the food arrived it was as cold as the aircon due to not having any metal covers on the plates to keep the food warm. This meant rock hard cold garlic bread and a not very nice meal - may have been better had it been warm. Every other holiday inn has always had metal plate covers so can only assume this is a kitchen error in not using them. Bit of a cheek to charge the £3 tray charge when I had to go and order it myself and then it was cold when it got here.
On the other side the reception and bar staff were very good and seemed very efficient. Recognised as platinum and offered free drink voucher, and apologised as they couldnt offer me a Platinum room upgrade, told me how to find the room clearly. Plenty of staff in the bar also unlike other IHG hotels where you have go to looking for bar staff sometimes. Bar was busy as there was football on. This hotel takes tastecard in the bar and restaurant menu so if you have one if would help keep the cost down with 50% off food.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Birmingham m6, Jct. 7 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Birmingham m6, Jct. 7 Hotel Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 Jct 7 is situated 7 miles north of Birmingham City Centre set in 7 acres of Landscaped grounds on the edge of green belt with ample free parking and easy access to the motorway network, M6 Jct 7, M5 Jct 1, M42, M54 and the M6 Toll Motorway.The National Exhibition Centre (NEC), Birmingham International Airport (BHX) ) are 25 minutes drive away. New Street Station, International Convention Centre (ICC), National Indoor Arena (NIA) and Symphony Hall are a 15 minute drive away The hotel offers High Speed Internet access, Kids Stay Free, Eat Free, Traders Restaurant, Hub Bar and modern Lounge to enhance the food and beverage experience at the Holiday Inn M6 J7. Relax in the Spirit Health and Fitness Club, which offers Massage and Beauty treatments (daily except Sun, Mon, Thur), using Dermalogica beauty products, exercise classes, solarium, indoor pool, spa, gym, sauna and steam room.More guests choose Holiday Inn because we offer a Great nights sleep, a Great value breakfast and a rewarding loyalty scheme, Priority Club. Together with our Can-Do friendly service and a global reassurance of quality and standards you can feel at home no matter where in the world you stay. Unique to the hotel, we have our very own Helicopter Landing pad. Please contact the hotel direct if you wish to use this service. Pets are allowed at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.