“very friendly and cosy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“very friendly and cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

i booked a room on 17th march at the travelodge in walsallas a last resort because its the only hotel i saw near my relatives but soon as a passed the junction i saw the holiday inn sign so i went there and i told the young lady at the front desk who was very friendly and approaching that i really want stay at this hotel and not at the travelodge, what can i do? so the young lady offered to ring the travelodge for me and cancelled the room for me, which was very kind of her, also she booked the room for me. the room was very cosy, i had a latte at the bar, which i loved, so overall a very peaceful experience. If i knew about the hotel i would not chose travelodge in the first place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Killarney, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here as part of a work conference. Check in was quick and well organised and even though there was around 30 of us I was in my room in less than 5 mins! The room was small and so was the bathroom but both were very clean.
I asked for an iron and received it within minutes, a good choice of tv channels and a very comfi bed with the choice of two pillows firm or soft.
Breakfast in the morning had a good choice and I had fruit and toast but some of my work mates that had the fried breakfast said that it wasn't very nice.
Overall a good hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for 1 night and hotel exceeded our expectation all the time. Managers were so friendly with kids and helped us all the way through our stay. Seen the same manager in restaurant at breakfast time. According to me it was the best breakfast and best ambience I had ever seen. All the staff were brilliant . I would like say thanks to the your managers who made our stay wonderfull. (sorry can't remember their name but i think they were indian and one if them wears glasses) thank you holiday inn you have got the best staff :) will defeneatly come back.

• Stayed March 2012
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed one night whilst travelling with work and what an immaculately clean hotel. My room was a good size, fabulous bathroom and excellent shower, huge sized bed with really nice bed linen and even soft and hard pillows to choose from. Lots of programmes on TV which is about a 32 inch flat screen. Breakfast next morning was a good choice, tea, coffee, juice, cereal, toast, fruit and scrambled egg and sausage amongst other things. All in all a very comfy stay.

Basildon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at this hotel prior to attending an athletics event. The rooms were good vaue for money. We asked for quiet rooms for athletes and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean, nice bathroom, comfortable bed and lots of programs on the T.V. The restaurant was rather expensive although the food was nice. I would opt for a Harvester if I stayed there again which is much better value. The breakfast was £14 each which is ok if you have a big appetite but rather expensive if you only want cereal and a croissant.
The pool was lovely and the members of the health club were very friendly. It was lovely to relax in the sauna. There is also a fitness room.
The hotel caters for dogs which is useful to know and it is next to fields, ideal for exercising them. Everywhere is spotless,
On the whole it was an enjoyable stay and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on booking but if you have a disabled or elderly person with you make sure they...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tyne & Wear
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

just back from staying here, the rooms are as you would expect... clean, spacious (well except for the tiny bathroom), all updated with flatscreens in the rooms etc.
I've stayed in many Holiday Inn's and always found the service to be one of their strong points but sadly in this case its the total opposite, so much so its encouraged me to write my first ever review.
The staff where abrupt, confrontational and slow is an understatement. The hotel wasnt especially busy yet was asked to wait in the bar for 30mins before being able to eat in the restaurant (that had 3 customers in), 1 hour later we had to ask what was going on, no apology just shown to a seat to wait some more. In that time we heard another couple being served a meal with cream rather than mayo, when they complained they were actually asked if they had ordered cream? I mean seriously? as cream is often ordered with steak and chips! as the restaurant manager proceeded to argue with them for another 5mins leading to more delays!
Holiday Inn sort your recruitment/training in Birmingham out as its they are seriously letting down your brand

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
mitchw1,

Ben J
IHG Care
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Got a very warm welcome from the lady behind reception desk, she was great a mature lady like myself and made me feel at home.

Rooms were clean and functional, everything I needed for my short stay.

The restaurant had a curry buffet which i didn't chose but the Salmon was tasty and again the friendly staff made me feel welcome, they gave me a nice table and offered me magazine as I was dining alone which I thought was a nice touch.

Breakfast was good too, nice selection and again friendly team.

Really good value for money as I have paid more and got a lot less!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7? Share your experiences!