We checked into the Copthorne hotel looking forward to the 4 star status that it holds....do not be fooled by this.
The room was OK.
It was very tired and needed updating. Old TV, decor, window did not open properly, no aircon in the ridiculous heat we have just had - however a fan was provided but it wasn't good enough! There were wires everywhere - it just was a lot lower standard than I would have expected (The travellodge is much better).
I would have expected breakfast if paying full rate of £80ish (I booked though a last min voucher thing) however breakfast is a further £7 each.
We went out on the Friday night and came in about 2am. At 9am the next morning the maid came in - maybe its because normally i am attending inclusive breakfast and i have never noticed before, but we were still in bed and it was a bit embarrassing!! To be fair I should have put the DND sign out but I wasn't expecting a 9am visit! lol!
The staff were polite.
You have to pay for the carpark £12 for 24hours - we didn't know this until we arrived!
I would stay in a nearby well known hotel instead for slightly more which includes breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel