The concierge service was excellent. Bags whisked from our car and taken directly to our room,
704. We parked 350 metres away, at a cost of £13.50 a day. Not too bad for an inner city multi-storey car park. Booking in was fast, efficient and impersonal. The anonymity of big hotels can be an added bonus. Sometimes.
Room 704 was spacious, thoughtfully furnished with an array of acceptable comforts: large, soft bed, decent armchairs and a table/desk with two dining chairs. The decor was pleasant enough,
in good order and clean and fresh. White linen on the bed was crisp and spotless.
We dined at the Hyatt as part of a group, having selected from a pre-determined, limited menu.
(The limitation being the price ceiling set by our party). The food was hot, very well presented and
of adequate portion size. Nothing to complain about. Breakfast, however, was remarkable. An outstanding display of speciality breads, pastries and cereals. Stewed fruit alongside various yogurts tempted the health conscious. I was not in that group. I chose the full English breakfast and tucked in without a backward glance at my cholesterol levels. No regrets, it was delicious.
My wife tells me that the swimming pool was 'nice'. Her main concerns are cleanliness and crowdedness, so 'nice' is a big compliment.
The bathroom in 704 was not good. The hot tap on the hand-basin was loose. An accident waiting to happen. The shower was of the 'above the bath' category, with the shower water flow controlled from the bath taps. This arrangement does not work, and never has worked. The reason is simple:
no stable temperature can be achieved and when you need to adjust the water temperature, you have to reach the taps through water cascading from the shower head. Dumb.
Checkout was simple. The concierge team performed their magic once again. Well done lads.
Overall impression? A well run hotel providing a high standard of service. We would love to return,
after the Hyatt has sorted out the bathroom plumbing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrium-style hotel located in city center & adjoining the International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Birmingham