“loved the stay plans to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Central Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1637 Coventry Road, Birmingham B26 1DD, England   |
Ranked #8 of 50 Birmingham B&B and Inns
doncaster
“loved the stay plans to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

very warm welcome on arrival very clean and comfortable food excelent . excelent hosts

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I picked this place as I could not get a room in the hotel where a conference I was attending was happening, I booked it last minute as I was undecided but I'm very happy I did. The room was a good size and the bathroom was large. I was only there one night but I would be happy to stay there longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

The owners are a really friendly and helpful couple who immediately made us feel at home.
Really excellent full English breakfast served in a pleasant breakfast room - as much as you can eat !
Free WiFi in room.
Hotel is very convenient for the NEC.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Somerset, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I and a friend stayed four nights in this small guest house while attending a conference. Mike and Marlene certainly made us feel at home. Their house is spotlessly clean, the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfasts were copious. There is a bus stop a few yards from the house with a direct line to the centre of Birmingham. No problem parking. I only hope Mark and Marlene have not retired before I go to Birmingham again in two years time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I stayed at central guesthouse whilst attending a training course and will be returning there again in November.As a lone female my main concern is to feel safe and looked after with ammenities within easy reach.This lovely B&B is wonderful.
I had regular contact with both Mike and Marlene on my drive up from Devon as I was running late and also didn'twant to get lost and they were fab giving me directions and not getting annoyed with my numerous telephone calls!
When I arrived both Mike and Marlene welcomed me and showed me to my extremely lovely and exquisitley clean room.
The bedding was super clean as was the well stocked bathroom with agreat shower that had decent water pressure!There is a supermarket 2 doors down and plenty of eateries within walking distance.I slept like a log and had a really tasty full english in the morning.I stayed for 2 nights and I LOVED it!!Mike and Marlene are fantastic and this littte B&B is perfect.I'll be back up to stay before November as its a short drive or bus ride to the fab Birmingham city centre and I'm in need of retail therapy!!!Don't even think about staying anywhere else as nothing can compare to this lovely B&B and its equally lovely owners.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

Central Guest House can be found on Coventry Road, on the left and just after the turning of Clay Lane if heading West on the A45. Be aware that there are multiple 40mph limits and associated speed cameras in the vicinity. There is a driveway to the front of the property that is accessed via a dropped kerb and can manage 4 cars without much problem.

On arrival at the guest house, I was met by Michael who signed me in and issued me my key, as well as showed me to my room on the first floor. Marlene also came to greet and welcome me.

The house is well maintained and has at least 4 rooms available, all with en-suite facilities. The room was a twin room with en-suite shower. Full tea and coffee-making facilities were provided. Also, there was both an iron/board set and also a trouser-press freely available and skillfully attached to the wall of the room. The shower must be noted, as the pressure was fantastic and the towels wonderfully big in size.

I would also add that all of the rooms are non-smoking and I would urge visitors not to abuse this.

Included in the price of the room was a full English breakfast or a full vegetarian option (a menu was supplied and returned the evening before the breakfast was requested).

The guest house is excellently placed, in respect of local transport links into and around the city.

At all times during my stay, Michael and Marlene were welcoming and approachable and I would recommend this guest house to anyone working in the area or there for pleasure.

• Liked — Location - Transport links, Premises - Shower pressure/towels...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

In this sore economy, my usual habit of going to four-five star hotels is put on hold. I own my own small business and needed to meet prospective clients for 2009 business--which we really need--in two cities: London, Glasgow. I booked Central House for three reasons: (1) it was on the lowest end of the $$ spectrum w/o being and hourly hotel, near to Victoria station, so my need for expensive cab rides would be cut dow and (3) the Trip Advisor reviews were spotty, some loved it, some hated it. I have never written one of these before but felt moved to because of the terrific experience I had there. Although the lobby and halls could use a redo, my room was sparking clean with a new bathroom that was cute and strange in that the shower flowed down to drain in a floor which is on the same level of the toilet. It worked just fine but looked a little funny. The linens were good quality, I requested a quiet room and got one. It was small but fine for just me...i would also have been fine at that price with my husband along. The wireless Internet never broke down and the signal was good; The staff were also very accomodating allowing me to use their luggage room for 1/2 on my last day so I could walk around a bit. Go there if you want a conveniently placed, nice clean room and Internet

• Liked — extreme cleanliness and up to date fixtures in the room
  • Disliked — lobby and halls a little run down
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Central Guest House? Share your experiences!