We stayed in this hotel on New Year’s Eve. It has been redecorated and re-fitted in the entrance/lobby/reception and is very nice and modern.
Everywhere was clean and looked good.
Our room was a standard room on the 2nd floor. The room was well appointed, clean and decorated as well as being quite a nice size. The bed was quite comfortable with nice bedding and comfy pillows. We asked for 3 more pillows and it was no trouble getting these for us.
The bathroom is quite small but adequate with a nice shower area.
The room was very hot and we needed the window open even though the heating was off. I don't know why this was.
The room had tea/coffee and free Wi-Fi which was a bonus.
All this makes for a rating of very good.
However breakfast let the hotel down. The hot breakfast items were not plentiful and the sausages were burnt. When the bacon and beans had run out it took an eternity for these to be replenished. The hot chocolate and orange juice in the machines ran out and it took me asking 3 times and being told each time it would be done straight away for it to actually be re-filled.
Breakfast finished 45 minutes after I sat down and already they were clearing salt and pepper and the sugar/sweetener off tables. It made me feel like I was an inconvenience as they wanted to clear up and get home. Debbie one of the staff was REALLY lovely and said yes to everything, but actually walked around doing nothing, not remembering what you had asked her and passively aggressively delegating things to colleagues.
She had got this off to quite an art. Ha ha ha !!
This is why I was going to initially only give my stay an average rating.
Overall – very good hotel, in a great central position with many shops, amenities and other tourist things to do nearby.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel
- Ibis Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Accor Birmingham City Centre
- Ibis Birmingham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Birmingham Centre offers 159 contemporary bedrooms with air cooling in the heart of the lively Chinese quarter and adjacent to the Arcadian Centre with its various bars and nightclubs. The Chill Bar at the hotel serves snacks 24 hours per day. 3 min walk from the Birmingham central train station(New Street) and Bullring Shopping Centre. Close to the NIA, ICC and easily accessible by train from NEC. 5 conference rooms for up to 200 delegates. The hotel is easily accessible from the M1, M6 and M42 motorways. Limited Car parking spaces at Hotel and also nearby Public car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ibis Birmingham City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.