“Made to feel very welcome...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Made to feel very welcome...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am a member of the Accor Hotels loyalty club and am a Platinum member. This gives me certain privileges at their hotels worldwide however on a lot of a occasions, I have to remind them of this leading to some awkward moments and conversations.

However, this Novotel has been the exception and many of their group hotels can learn something from the staff here. From check in to check out it was a very enjoyable stay and we had no complaints at all. I was indeed made to feel like a Platinum member of their loyalty program.

The price was very competitive and the location was excellent for what we needed (we were at a concert at the LG arena and New Street train station is a short 10 minute walk away).

Breakfast was very good in the morning and the room size was adequate for the little time we spent in it.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because the room itself felt a little dated, especially the separate toilet in the room.

Otherwise it was completely faultless and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The quiet side away from Broad Street is recommended.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay here at the Novotel. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Sharon Thandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Crewe, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very nice, great helpful staff.

Very modern, very clean, lovely comfortable beds.

It was outstandingly quiet too, which was a surprise for a centre location.

We stayed in room 200, which has no adjoining rooms on any side, an added luxury.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

General Manager Name
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Thursday night. Reception staff friendly, room very comfortable and spacious. Also quiet for its location in Broad street. Ideally placed for town. Gym well equipped and bar was great in hotel.
I have stayed in this hotel several times and do rate it.
Unfortunately I had a bad experience at breakfast which rather spoilt my stay. The young lady by the name of Laura that checked me in for breakfast had a terrible attitude. After 20 minutes and three requests for a cup of coffee with my breakfast she snapped and stated it would come if I waited. She plonked a tea pot on the table eventually and when I said I ordered coffee she huffed and rolled her eyes! She was obviously having a bad morning, but really this is not acceptable when paying £110 a night for B&B. I actually went back to have a word with her after checking out but could not find her.
So overall really nice hotel in great location, but plenty of competition on Broad St so Staff need to take note!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed this Novotel expecting a normal business man's hotel but was pleasantly surprised by the service and attitude that the staff afforded us. We had booked this as a last minute stopover so we could attend my cousins wedding however we forgot to pack a camera. The staff at the hotel tracked down where we could but one at 11.30 pm the night before thus saving us a lot of embarrassment and we would recommend this hotel to any one needing to stay in Birmingham well done people and keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Kind regards

Sharon Thandi

Been to Novotel Birmingham Centre? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Birmingham Centre

Address: 70 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HT, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > West Midlands > Birmingham > Ladywood
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#2 Green Hotel in Birmingham
#14 Luxury Hotel in Birmingham
#20 Family Hotel in Birmingham
#22 Business Hotel in Birmingham
#38 Romantic Hotel in Birmingham
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Birmingham Centre 4*
The Novotel Birmingham Centre is an AA rated 4 star hotel right in the centre of Birmingham. We are the first choice for a business trip or a holiday. For meetings, conferences and banquets, Meeting@Novotel offers a professional service to ensure your event runs smoothly and successfully. Our new Elements approach to dining and our Elements restaurant and bar offer the ultimate in choice. A short walk for the international Convention Centre, National indoor Arena and Brindley Place. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Birmingham Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel Birmingham
Accor Birmingham Centre
Birmingham Novotel

If you own or manage Novotel Birmingham Centre, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.