“Ideal city centre base” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
caerphilly
“Ideal city centre base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel only for one night.The check-in was smooth enough with friendly staff.
The room was clean and well appointed.
The beds were comfortable with crisp white bedding.
I had breakfast included in the price I paid and there is a varied choice.
The hotel is slap bang in the middle of Broad street where there are a lot of pubs/clubs/restaurants and we encountered some noise from police sirens but nothing too major.
The hotel is just a 10 min walk from New street station.
To sum this hotel up it offers good value for money as long as it is booked at a fair price as I have stayed in other Novotel hotels and this hotel does not quite come up to their standard but I did pay £60.00 per night less to stay in this hotel but I would definately stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel if you are a light sleeper!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
So glad you had an enjoyable time in Birmingham, whilst staying at the Novotel! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having stayed here so many times thought it was time to write a review. The location is second to none for theNIA and broad street. Parking is limited but never had a time we couldn't use the hotels underground car park. Rooms are average put for £49 a night (always available on late rooms) it's a bargain . Breakfast is really nice but an expensive add on. It really does depend what staff are on as had really nice yet very rude staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Please feel free to let us know immediately if you have any concerns during your stay in the future. For your information, the best rates available (and yes that includes our £49 promotional rate) are available if booked, in advance, direct with the hotel. Always subject to availabiity of course. We look forward to seeing you again soon..........
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed just for one overnight and found it perfectly adequate.
Reasonable price, clean, centrally located.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
We had a 'superior' room but it wasn't particularly grand so i'm not sure what the ordinary rooms are like!
Good breakfast.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre and I have made note of your comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

we stayed at the novotel for one night as we had a concert to go too and it was my partners fiftyth birthday. The hotel and room was lovely and clean and very weloming, the staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of there way to try and fix the coffee machine that wouldn't work! we had sachet coffee brought to us instead and the car parking fee was free as a good will gesture because of this. We will definatly stay again.

Room Tip: We up-graded our room and glad we did
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. It is really pleasing to hear that we responded to your needs in a positive way! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre, in the future.
Horton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Enjoyed our stay very much when we went to see John Bishop on at the NIA. The hotel is very convenient for the NIA and central Brum, and the restaurants and bars at Brindley Place. Only downside was one side of the bed was very close to the wall, about a foot, so not easy to access. It wasn't a small room, just needed reorganising.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We at the Novotel Birmingham Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is an attractive modern hotel right in the centre of Birmingham. If first impressions are important then receptionists are key; no specific complaint here but a smile would have been good and I do find it very irritating, especially as I am a gold card customer, to have to fill in my name and address on the registration form. There was only one receptionist on duty and I was conscious of a queue that formed whilst I went through the process.

It is an attractive downstairs foyer with an open plan bar, restaurant and seating area.

The rooms are laid out in the traditional rectangle but mine was very clean and bright and felt almost new but I suspect it had benefited from a refurbishment. There was very little noise from the neighbouring rooms and I got three good nights sleep.

It is irritating when Wi-Fi is not available for free. I don't know why some hotels expect us to pay for Wi-Fi and they always choose a series of plans that are almost precisely what you don't want; too short or 24-hour continuous which you will never make full use of or something that you can call down as you need but here at the Novotel for 15 hours I would have had to pay more than I do at home for a month. In the end I linked my iPad to my iPhone for free; the hotel got nothing but I was irritated! Why do it?

Breakfast in the dining room was fine (and included in the room rate) but for a French hotel I would have preferred to have French bread rather than rather stodgy British baguettes. I had dinner in the restaurant a couple of times from a pretty short menu and surprisingly on both occasions items were not available but what was served was attractively prepared and pretty good value for a town centre location.

I came in and out several times during a three-day stay and noted that the main entrance to the hotel was through some automatic doors that seemed cramped and narrow and definitely not welcoming with a sense of being some form of security feature. If I owned the hotel it would be one of the first things I would change to make the whole place more open and friendly.

For a mid-range hotel I was well satisfied and subject to the comments that I've made would recommend it to anybody who has business in Birmingham.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments and the issues you have mentioned, will be addressed with my team and our product development department. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon?
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my wife stayed there for are 5th wedding anniversary and my birthday. We found the stay at the hotel fantastic the staff were very friendly and polite, the breakfast was good but not as much choice as i thought there would be. The room we stayed in was clean and a good size. all in all a hotel i would recommend every time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, here at the Novotel and we’ve taken note of your comments. I hope we will see you again soon?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Been to Novotel Birmingham Centre? Share your experiences!