Disclaimer: we were exhausted from a long journey when we checked in, and all we wanted was a clean room with three beds for us to collapse on. For 50GBP for three of us, that's what we got.
The hotel is old-fashioned and quite dingy, very basic, and near the station so not the nicest part of town. On the other hand, it's near the station, so very convenient. The room was perfectly clean, even if the decor wasn't exactly boutique. The bathroom worked and the water was hot, though the strip light flickered and buzzed. The was some street noise (trucks, garbage collectors etc.) but we were so tired we barely noticed.The elevator was an antique, and the three of us and our luggage barely fitted in; but it worked. Continental breakfast was basic but totally adequate - cereal, toast, jam, milk, juice, coffee, tea, yogurt.
Travelling with a small child, we were particularly happy to find a cheap room that provided three single beds.
One warning: there was, at the time of our visit (mid Dec 2012), a lot of construction work going on at Birmingham New St station. The construction noise was not an issue at night time, but it did make finding our way to the hotel much more complicated. It's still not a long walk, just a bit more round-a-bout.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Comfort Inn Birmingham Hotel
- Birmingham Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Traditional Comfort Inn Birmingham City Centre is situated in prime position adjacent to Birmingham's New Street Train Station, With regular connections to the NEC and Birmingham's International Airport, the ICC, NIA and Symphony Hall are all within walking distance, you truly are in the heart of the City! The Famous Bullring centre is a 2 minutes walk away with all its major stores, with a wealth of restaurants, bars, theatres and attractions to suit every taste on our doorstep. The Comfort Inn makes for the perfect place to stay for both the business and leisure traveller. 40 well appointed en-suite bedrooms which are brightly decorated and comfortable, each with television, telephone, Wifi, trouser press and tea/coffee making facilities. The Station Bar is relaxed with large screen TV (Sky Sports) , light bars snacks & drink promotions not to be missed! The traditional Breakfast room offers both continental and Full English Breakfast which is freshly cooked to order.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelBookers, Budget Places, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.