Recommended City Centre hotel on location, rooms, price, staff and stay experience.
Inexpensive Friday night paid stay, as a PCR/IHG Platinum loyalty member, I received upgrade to a Club room with Club Lounge access.
Club rooms on top two floors 10, 11, lounge on floor 11. 11th floor rooms nice and quiet, slept well. Lounge drinks hour 1730-1930, with beer, wine, spirits.
Will definitely continue to keep this hotel as my first choice in Birmingham City Centre. Friendly staff, PCR loyalty scheme recognition, upgrad/late checkout, nice rooms, friendly staff.
Nice large room, big work desk area and chair with light and power, large flat screen TV with plenty of channels including Sky Sports, separate armchair, large double bed with 4 pillows and 2 cushions. In room internet is cable wire type only, but only costs £5/day. Could use free wifi in Lounge though. Minibar now empty bar 2x comp waters, so room for my milk in minibar.
Nice bathroom, bath, separate shower cubicle, nice thick bath towels and 2x robes.
Very large open plan ground floor space, lobby/reception/bar/restaurant. Nice ground floor lobby area, with seating, big bar with draught beers, with the central bar acting as divider to separate restaurant from reception area.
Bit strange this stay, asked about restaurant breakast and Platinum checkin receptionist had me to book in advance the night before for £9.95 rate, discounted from £19.95.
I say strange as for previous stays in last 12months club lounge access provided restaurant breakast on Sat and Sun weekend mornings.
So either hotel has changed their offerings, or I paid an extra £10 unecessarily? I will have to ask which on my next stay.
Really good location, town centre and shops, broad street and shops all within 5-10 minutes walk. Nice or evening walk to pub on canal I can see rom my room.
No car this last stay, local private taxi's used to/from city centre, only about £3.50 , but each time driver said £5 minimum .
Taxis better for me than NCP parking under hotel at £13/day as parking does not allow you to go in/out multiple times per 24hour period, so a day then costs well over £13.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Birmingham City is a 4 star deluxe property, conveniently located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre. Birmingham New Street Station, The ICC, NIA and new shopping developments are just a short walk away. Events coming soon-Cirque Du Soleil and Dancing on Ice. The hotel has 312 spacious bedrooms with a variety of amenities including en suite facilities, air conditioning, in room dining, satellite TV and refreshment making facilities as standard.A range of flexible food and beverage options are available to guests in our vibrant, contemporary B1 Bar and Restaurant and 24 hour room service, all of which offer creative menus with healthy options to suit all tastes. Overall, the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City offers great quality accommodation and facilities with service to match - we guarantee an enjoyable experience to all our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.