“Hot in the City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Nites

You added City Nites to your Saves list
City Nites
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Arena View | Edward Street, Birmingham B12RX, England   |
Diss
“Hot in the City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great location just a few minutes walk from Brindley Place and the city centre. These serviced, self-catering apartments can accommodate up to four persons and come equipped with crockery, cutlery and bedding. Okay for families on holiday (double beds only) but possibly better for visiting businessmen. There is secure parking at an extra cost although on-street parking is free from 6pm until 8am.

The units have begun to get a little bit tired and in need of some decorative attention. One drawback experienced this summer was that the single-aspect apartments can get very warm without a through-breeze, but reception kindly provided an electric fan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

having stayed many a times with city nites since its opening way back, they are still my preferred go to people for amazing accommodation and hospitality. Rooms always clean and tidy, cosy beds, amazing showers what more could you ask for? not to mention few mins walk to the hotspots of Birmingham such a broad st, brindley place. And great car parking facility also.

the staff are always courteous and the management are amazing always always look after me :) i was even one of the first to grab me a citynites loyalty card ha.

having moved down to London i even recommended citynites as my preferred accommodation provider to the company i work for and they all loved the apartments too in London. city nites you guys are always amazing. keep it up..Highly recommend for a short and long breaks in the heart of lively Birmingham whether for business, fam and friends or couple -->(have done all these tried and tested).

and see you soon in September, Birmingham watch out troubles backkkk

regards
Karim

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have agian stayed at city nites...a fantastic stay. helpful staff couldn't do enough.

Ordered shopping fpr delivery, the staff kindly checked of everything was there, phoned me when it had arrived, when I arrived for my stay, my shopping had been unpacked and ready for my await. (A big thanks to the staff team)

Stayed for 6 nights. In ac16. Block E. (Stayed in this room many times before) although some things were missing...e.g. mop, sweeping up broom, I called down and within 5 minutes I was provided with the essentials that I needed. During the hot stay we where provided with a fan. That worked wonders.

With the worlds biggest bed ever, been so comfortable I didn't want to get out. There's only one fault that i could find and that was with the wifi. Didn't really bother me, it did however my partner, as he had connected his ps3, I phone down and within 10 minutes wifi was good to go.

• Stayed July 2013
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was fine, location was fine infact everything in the apartment was fine (not outstanding). That was the case untill we checked out and the receptionist's tainted our whole stay with negativity. This is a business in the customer service industry? hardly! We were 1 hour late on our check out. fair enough, we had a heavy night out the night before we held our hands up and apologised. However, I did not expect to be pounced on by a pack of lions saying you owe us money which obviously frustrated us and aggrevated the whole situation. Had they talked to me nicely and explained thouroughly the situation i would of paid and walked but the fact that two of them stood there and argued with me like a pair of drunk teenagers was so unproffessional i was embarrased. It says nowhere on any confirmation how much they charge for a late checkout, yes it says checkout is 11 but does not state anywhere how much of a charge. I felt robbed. They also said you should let us know your going to be late, how? with what phone in the room? Getting Charged for 1 hour late and not even being advised seems to me like complete daylight robbery. I feel they were purposley letting us be late and racking up the charges. I strongly suggest that city nights restructure their confirmations and state in bold letters how much per minute a guest will be charged for being late, additionally receptioists need to be trained on how to deal with complaints professionally it was very poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, dpnt be late otherwise its ££££
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Having read previous reviews, I had reservations about our weekend apartment.
Chick in was a bit of an issue as we couldn't find recepetion, but with some local lads on a stag do, we sorted it!
We chose an upper floor after previous comments on here. I don't think it makes a difference in summer as you need windows open, so hear the world, tho being from a small town, I'm used to very little noise and any city could cause me to wake at night.
I'd have loved a balcony as it was a hot weekend, I'll book on e of those next time!
We're definitely returning tho. Opposite the NIA. 5 mins walk down canal to the heart of nightlife with gas street basin, brindly place and broad street. And about 20 mins walk to the bull ring and the main train station in Birmingham.

The bedrooms are spacious, the lounge has all amenities with well equipped kitchen too. All bathroom needs and bedding/eating/etc provided, plus a booklet with sites of interest, takeaway numbers, emergencies etc.

Secure entry/exit means you feel safe and secure car parking is a bonus.

Highly recomemended for a short break in the heart of lively Birmingham.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been booking out city nites for over three years now and they have alway been great, but to be honest the welcome we recived this time was the best yet. Some of the staff have been changed, the new staff are wonderful. They where very helpful, we stayed for a week, it did get a little cold during the evenings, so we called down to the reception, and within minutes they came up and gave us a nice sofa blanket. They even brought us toilet tissue up, aftet we had used the on that had been provided.

I have read some of the reviews about the staff not being been nice, the £250 deposit been kept, peoples things been taken. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any of these problems.

The room its self which ive had many times before, has everything you need. When you walk in, to you left is a spacious bathroom. Clean and tidy. Clean toewels, and toiletries. even now leave little presents in the bathroom for you.
In the right you have a little study area. Next to that a boiler room, where you can find the iron.
The bedroom which is opposite to the front door. Was great. A massive bed, comfy. More that enough space, and a balcony.
The kitchen/dinning/lounge where in one open plan area. And you had everything you could really need.

One bad thing I would say is that the open plan area could do with a minor makeover. As somr of the blinds where broken, and the orange really needs to go.
The bedroom carpet could do with a change, as there were fag burns by yhe balcony door.

Other then then fee minor issues, all in all, its a great location, and at times great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We booked a long weekend in Brum. City Nites is just second to none!! Comfortable, clean, spacious, well presented and top marks from us!! Only 5min from Brindley Place, 10min Brum town centre via a lovely canal side walk. Secure parking, everything you need and top spec apartments. Staff wonderful, attentive, responsive and professional. Don't miss out book City Nites as your first choice. (An reading this it sounds like a marketing racquet, but happy for trip advisor to check me out. I have no connection or affiliation with them...just a very happy punter).

• Stayed May 2013

Been to City Nites? Share your experiences!