Reception Area: The reception area and lounge are decorated to a very high standard and offer some great features such as a free pool table, playable PS4 and large TV's. The reception staff were also very pleasant in booking me into my room and providing details on how to get to the centre of the city. Not a big fan of the reception being the same as the bar but each to their own I guess.
Room: Decorated to a nice standard with some great handwashes and soaps. Bed was rock solid and tough to sleep on. Room was pretty quiet despite being next to a main road.
Breakfast: Disaster. I came down at 08.15 both days (which is pretty standard) and both times were completely understaffed (buffet English). I was often waiting for simple items for up to 5 - 10 minutes including plates, juice, toast, cups, beans etc, which should be brought out in ample time. Tables were left uncleared and from what I can tell it wasn't just myself sufferent from this issue. The staff that were out were trying their best but it simply needs another 1 - 2 people at peak times.
Evening Meals: IMO a little overpriced (£15 - £25 for main meals) for the small portions but quality was good.
Parking - Limited spaces available (25 underground I think). The hotel offered no discount to park outside on the pay and display which I think should really be offered.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Birmingham City Hotel
- Ramada Encore Birmingham City Hotel Birmingham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Better because it’s BirminghamWe're less than a mile from the city centre, but a million miles away from the usual. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the pentahotel Birmingham. Just the tonic for the weary traveller, or the visitor who's rearing to go. Perfectly positioned to jump-start your visit to England's Second City. In fact pentahotel is much like Birmingham itself: relaxed, confident in its unique personality and right in the middle of it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your pentahotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.