“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatters Hostel -Birmingham

Save Saved
You added Hatters Hostel -Birmingham to your Saves list
Hatters Hostel -Birmingham
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   92/95 Livery Street | Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham B3 1RJ, England   |
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

For a Hostel personally this was welcoming from the onset. the staff we saw were al friendly. the rooms were clean and linen fresh. The only downside was the shower floor was a little slippery and the bunk bed a little cosey for the taller person. Handy being able to have coffee and toast 24 7

Room Tip: Parking was a bit off an issue though there is a car park which charges £3 for the whole day about 1...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sydney, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week over new years eve 2011, and it just does everything right. The wifi was quite possibly the fastest and most reliable I'd had in any UK hostel, the TV room was perfect (a HUGE projection screen with cable TV, and how many hostels offer a computer with around 500 movies?), and it's only a few minutes' walk away from a train station direct to London. The industrial area is a bit barren but who cares when everything's a short walk or train ride away? It was an easy walk into the city centre. I stayed in several London hostels for many weeks while I was looking for work and attending job interviews, and it makes me wonder why I wasted all that time when I could've spent it here instead. The breakfast was simple yet what I needed and was available later on if I slept in (coffee and hot chocolate was lovely), the staff were as helpful as they could be, there's a bottle shop up the road and alcohol is more than welcome (especially on new years eve before I went out!), yet the rooms are far away from any noise. I'm back home in Australia now, but this place is definitely on my mind if I ever return to the UK.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the Hatters for 1 night as i was meeting up with my son who was staying at the same place. The guy on reception was very friendly and helpful.
For the money its great value with breakfast included .
The only problem I had were the people above me who were very noisy , sounded like they were jumping off the bunk beds , this went on till 4.30 in the morning so I didnt get much sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Compiegne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Considering the price and location Hatters is the hostel where to go if you are travelling on a budget. Rooms are beds are clean. Staff very helpful and friendly. There is a great atmosphere thanks to them. For breakfast you have more than just tea. The checkout is 11 which allows you sleep the morning you are leaving!

Room Tip: I haven't tryed enough rooms to give advice on that point
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my fiance are moving to Birmingham and stayed at this hostel for 2 nights while viewing properties to move in to this weekend. There were no problems here at all. It was very laid back and relaxed and the rooms were clean. 24 hour entry and 24 hour free toast and tea and coffee.

I paid £15 a night on Trivago... can't possibly go wrong!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room for 12 people and it was still very good :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night (a Sunday).

Friendly and helpful reception staff with Birmingham info and maps. Left luggage - no charge - in a locked room, so I could leave my suitcase when not checked in yet. There was a common area; which was quite a decent size, a 'cinema' den, kitchen, chill-out room and internet room. Free wifi only available in this common area and was a little slow. Toast on tap!

Other guests seemed to be in their 20s and lively but not noisy, just backpackers chatting and getting to know one another and chatting in their groups.

I paid £13.00 for the 'deluxe' dorm. This was very quiet and other people seemed quite respectful, I didn't feel unsafe or annoyed by noise at any point. The dorm had a passcode lock. The dorm was then split in to small compartments, with 4 beds (two bunks) to a compartment. Very clean, comfy. Shared female toilets and showers also nice and clean.

The location is heading toward the jewellery quarter. The closest station is Snow Hill. It took me 15 mins ish to walk from the hostel to the Bullring. The area is fairly quiet, seemed to be mainly closed down factories.

I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I spent one night here on my way north. I was a bit nervous walking to he hostel from the train station as the area looked a bit dodgy. I had to pass through a subway where a homeless person was staying and passed an industrial workshop. I thought - where am I?! Once I got to the hostel, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My bed in a six bed female dorm was comfortable but there were no lockers which meant the other five ladies in the room had spread their belongings all over the floor. In the morning there was a free breakfast which was much appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Hatters Hostel -Birmingham? Share your experiences!