This hotel would never survive if not located across the terminal - rude staff, small rooms and very small bathroom.
What I like
- located directly at the airport so you can walk over to the terminal
What I didn't like
- Check-in: I was standing there like an idiot for nearly 15 minutes watching the lady at the bar filling beer glasses for guests and the other lady talking on the phone. They obviously don't take their customers serious when they are not able to check you in in reasonable time.
- Accor is still not able to handle business addresses correctly via accorhotels.com. You always need to write it manually down and hand it to the lady behind the check-in counter that is nearly all Accor hotel cases hardly can read. Why are payment addresses via the website not possible?
- Restaurant has the atmosphere of a train station
- Business center has no printers so you cannot print out boarding passes
- Business center charges on internet access even for flight check
- High charges if you want to use the internet in the room
- The bathroom is so small that you could use the shower while sitting on the toilet and brushing your teeth
- Check-in people try to convince you to eat breakfast and insist that you do not pay the evening before even when you have an early flight. I had to get louder in my requests to get them to comply and accept my payment upfront for the room
- TV in the room is very small
Would I stay there again? NO! I think if you need to stay at the airport use the lower cost Etap hotel next to the Ibis. There you at least know that there is no service and you don't have to pay for non existing service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Birmingham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel Birmingham