“Location, location, location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Birmingham Airport

You added Ibis Birmingham Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Birmingham Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ambassador Road | Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham B26 3AW , England   |
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
“Location, location, location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel would never survive if not located across the terminal - rude staff, small rooms and very small bathroom.

What I like
- located directly at the airport so you can walk over to the terminal

What I didn't like
- Check-in: I was standing there like an idiot for nearly 15 minutes watching the lady at the bar filling beer glasses for guests and the other lady talking on the phone. They obviously don't take their customers serious when they are not able to check you in in reasonable time.
- Accor is still not able to handle business addresses correctly via accorhotels.com. You always need to write it manually down and hand it to the lady behind the check-in counter that is nearly all Accor hotel cases hardly can read. Why are payment addresses via the website not possible?
- Restaurant has the atmosphere of a train station
- Business center has no printers so you cannot print out boarding passes
- Business center charges on internet access even for flight check
- High charges if you want to use the internet in the room
- The bathroom is so small that you could use the shower while sitting on the toilet and brushing your teeth
- Check-in people try to convince you to eat breakfast and insist that you do not pay the evening before even when you have an early flight. I had to get louder in my requests to get them to comply and accept my payment upfront for the room
- TV in the room is very small

Would I stay there again? NO! I think if you need to stay at the airport use the lower cost Etap hotel next to the Ibis. There you at least know that there is no service and you don't have to pay for non existing service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Airport hotel but little or no noise. Rommel comfortable. Bathroom is a pod but very good -shower particularly so. Breakfast is ok perhaps a little overcooked. We found our evening meal good. All in all recommended as an airport.... NEC hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was really pleased to hear how convenient you found our location and how comfortable you found our bedrooms. I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant facilities. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport.

ashby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions before early morning flights
Usually the room is about £50 per night which is great value
However on my last stay the charge was £125 which is a joke for a 2star hotel
I know I didn't have to pay but you do feel ripped off as a regular customer when this type of profiteering goes on
Not good for the image of IBIS hotels which I usually rate highly for quality and value for money (see other reviews)

Room Tip: Only pay what a 2star hotel is worth
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Ibis Birmingham Airport. I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with regard to the cost of the room.
All Ibis Hotels operate a flexible pricing policy, as with low cost airlines, the price depends very much on levels demands. This Policy allows us to promote very attractive prices on some days, but prices are higher on days when there is higher demand. This usually revolves around specific events in the area. As ever from a commercial perspective, price is always subject to supply and demand. Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Ibis Birmingham Airport in the future.

Best regards,

West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I guess we paid for the convenience of being close to arrivals, but I thought it was too expensive.
Check in was easy, although they did try to charge us twice for breakfast. Which was ghastly by the way.
Communal areas could do with a deep clean, or a total refurb, but the room itself was nice enough, but a bit cramped for space.
Clean and very VERY comfy beds, and a smashing bathroom. Could do with more than one coffee each in the room though. It was nice and quiet, no noise from other guests or planes so I got the rest I needed. Did I mention the beds were comfy?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you once for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Birmingham Airport in the near future.

Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed here before early morning flights twice now.
They are very accommodating as we travelled with a toddler and extended family. We were given adjoining rooms and a disabled room - to provide more space for the cot.
The rooms are fairly basic but the beds are very comfortable and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We didn't eat here but the menu looks good and the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our location so convenient and our rooms to be of good value, clean and functional. What's more I was very delighted to hear that my team demonstrated to you how much we care about our guests, the hotel and our company reputation. Ones again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcome you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport again very soon.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a business traveller what you required during stay, IBIS offers all of that

Proximity to airport, connectivity to City, In house restaurant and many more features.

Stay is comfortable and pleasant, Staff is very helpful.

Always there is room to improve, I suggest restaurant should add little more to menu to select at list for dinner/ supper time.

You can get a good deal if you book 20 days early.

Overall great experience to stay at IBIS

Room Tip: Any room is perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. We appreciate all feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Birmingham Airport in the future.

Carlos Vieira

Been to Ibis Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!