This is in a lovely area.
The rooms are ok, except the curtain was falling off the rail - and the room generally didn't look like it had been decorated for a very long time. There was only one really thin pillow on the bed. And the bathroom window didn't open. Oh and my sheet had a big dirty mark on it...
The breakfast was delicious and lots of it.
Check-in is pretty awful though... we arrived exhausted after a long journey and we were bombarded with questions and wanting extra money from us - I couldn't understand what the receptionist was saying really... I'm not sure her English was too good, or maybe it was just I was just too tired to get my head round what she was saying...
It was really empty in the hotel and it wasn't a very good atmosphere.
- Also Known As:
- Beeches Conference Centre Hotel Bournville
- Beeches Conference Centre Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built by the Cadbury family in the 1900s, The Beeches is a unique and characterful property set in the heart of the beautiful village of Bournville. Easy to reach from the M42, M5 and M6, and with ample free parking on site, The Beeches’ grounds and peaceful location offers a restful stop at the end of your journey.Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, The Beeches provides a very warm welcome and a comfortable stay in one of its cosy rooms. All the rooms offer tea and coffee making facilities, a safe and hair dryer as well as free WiFi for all guests. In the evenings guests can relax in the bar and lounge where bar snacks and evening meals are served. The friendly staff and home-cooked food make The Beeches a great choice for regular guests visiting the University of Birmingham, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham International Airport and new Queen Elizabeth Hospital.With the popular Cadbury’s World and the attraction and history of Bournville just minutes from its door, The Beeches is the perfect location from which to explore the delights of the local area. The city of Birmingham is just a short train ride away, and highlights such as The Bullring Shopping Centre, the National Exhibition Centre and National Indoor Arena mean it is a fantastic location for a short break or extended visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The Beeches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.