“Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport

You added Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport to your Saves list
Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ambassador Rd | Birmingham International Airport, Solihull, Birmingham B26 3QL , England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #59 of 136 Hotels in Birmingham
Telford, United Kingdom
“Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great value for the convenience of just a small walk over to airport terminal. Would use again. Great service, great price. Very compact room with everything you need. Also very handy to use IBIS restaurant next door which also had a great reasonably priced menu. Food was very good and again very convenient being next door. Received 10% discount off bill as We were staying at the Etap Hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to the area.

Robert Veldtman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Always have a great stay.... did notice that the room cleaners either didnt speak English well or were just ignorant as they didnt reply to our "Good Morning" greetings?? A smile wouldnt have gone amiss.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your great review- we are delighted that you gave us full marks!

My apologies that the housekeeping staff did not greet you back. I will discuss your review with the rest of the team, especially housekeeping, to ensure we offer a friendlier and more consistent service.

We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

N Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We used this hotel as a 'stopover' on a trip abroad and found the room to be very clean and tidy. The rooms are small and, if you need a bit of room to maneuver, this may not be the place for you however, we had no such problem. Our room had a comfy double bed, separate shower and toilet, and the hotel supplied a small bar of soap and a small travel sized shower gel - sufficient for an over night stay.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, although you will not be able to check in until after at least 11am - we arrived earlier to this due to our flight time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel- we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies that you were not offered an early check in. We usually offer an early check in before 12:00 for a £10 surcharge, subject to availability.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Etap hotel was situated very close to the airport, only a two minute walk across the road. Even with large suitcases it was easily reached. Check in was fast and simple and the rooms were fine. They are very compact but they have an amazing shower and comfy bed. The hotel was clean and quiet considering proximety to airport. However on the downside the restaurant next door in the Ibis hotel is awful would not recommend, go to airport or elsewhere for food. On the whole I would stay here again if needing a rest between flighs. It is what it is, an airport stop over hotel nothing more nothing less. I paid for my stay at an earlybird discounted rate so feel I got great value for money at £25 per room per night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be conveniently located and value for money. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent value - clean hotel - polite staff - basic accommodation, but nothing missing - good food available next door - everything it says on the tin - I can't fault this hotel for anything - up to the usual ibis standard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive review- it is very encouraging to receive such great feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a flight to Birmingham that came in around midnight time, and I was going to miss the last train to Hull so I booked in here.
I had made my booking on Booking.com.
When I arrived I had some troubles paying for my room, as for some reason I had not the correct money in my bank - down by a few pounds. However the girl on reception was great, and helped me so much and came up with a solution for me so in the end I was allowed the room after her help. I was so grateful for all she did. And nothing was a problem for her, even though she probably had stress from my situation!

The room was basic but you get what you pay for. I had a double room, with television, and seperate bathroom area and toilet. The room was clean as well, cannot complain at all.

Check-out was already completed for me, so literally did not need to do much at all.

The only thing I would say is that the signposting around the area is a bit shabby - I went to the wrong hotel and tried to sign in hhhahah! And also the check out time was a bit early considering I got there at 12:30 ish in the morning and had to check out at like 10. I then had to wait for 5 hours at the train station...bit annoying but not the hotel's fault really. Just wish I could have had a bit later to check out.

All in all, a really great little budget hotel! Long as they get some wi-fi installed for free I'd happily stay again. THANK YOUUUU.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please note that check in and check out time is 12:00. We are upgrading our guest internet offering with free high wifi throughout the whole hotel later this year.

We hope to see you again.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very handy for the airport and Birmingham International railway station, but rooms are very basic and as close as I ever want to being in a prison cell! Staff were friendly and breakfast for £4.25 was fine, but only 1 electrical socket in the room was annoying when you want to charge up phones, laptops iPad etc before a day of travelling! There was also no free wifi in the room, just excessively expensive service on the ground floor.
Overall, stay here for access to the airport, railway and NEC, but don't expect anything more than basic facilities!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review- we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our bedrooms are due to be refurbished later this year as part of our rebranding to Ibis Budget to the new cocoon style bedrooms which should improve on some of the points that you have raised.

We do hope to welcome you back to experience the improvements.

Robert Veldtman

Been to Etap Hotel Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!