“Excellent Service for the frustrated” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woktastic Noodle & Sushi Bar

Woktastic Noodle & Sushi Bar
Paradise Forum | Paradise Place, Birmingham B3 3HJ, England (Formerly Woktastic) (Ladywood)
+44 121 236 3130
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 1,688 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Noodle Shop, Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Woktastic Noodle & Sushi , Independent Japanese Fusion Restaurant, serve Noodle, Suhsi, Ramen, Tempura, Teriyaki,Bento Boxes ,Katsu Dishes, Japanese Ice Cream , Sake , Plum Wine and much more . Also we are offering Unlimited Japanese Sushi Buffet.
Telford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service for the frustrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girl friends daughter had her mind set on Sushi for her tea. We had traveled from Telford and had spent a disappointing hour at the motor cycle museum-another hour to get into Birmingham and another half an hour to find the Restaurant.

We eventually found the restaurant and had a great welcome-just what was required. 2 of us wanted sushi and 2 of us did not like sushi. everything was patiently explained to us.

Stephanie and myself went for the inclusive deal £13.95. I am not an expert of sushi but i enjoyed it. Stephanie had 20 bowls not a record which happens to be 48 but quite substantial for a 14 year old. Normally i have to pay per bowl so i considered this excellent value.

This was a great experience made better by wonderful service-they deserve to do well

York, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best thing about Woktastic was the service from the restaurant manager!

When it comes to food, this is not the place I was, as a Japanese food hard-core fan, looking for.
We didn't try the sushi bar because the sushi laying on the conveyor belt don't seem freshly-made to me, even the unlimited all-you-can-eat sushi offered at £13ish was very appealing.

We ordered food from the menu. I had Fish bento set while my friend ordered beef noodle. We also ordered dumpling and fried tofu for starter. The tofu dish was a disappointment to me. It had only 4-5 small pieces of tofu (but cost me almost £5).

We ended up paying almost £40 pound, which would be reasonable if the food met our expectation. At this price, you could have way better food from other Japanese restaurants (i.e. Eat Tokyo if you are in London).
I am not familiar with the cost of living in Birmingham, but to me I felt that we’ve paid more than what we’ve got.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
leeds
“excellent sushi-value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited twice , both the times with my family. The staff were always polite, both the floor managers , always on the go , aiming to please you( thank you chaps!). They Make a considerable effort to seat adults / children in appropriate place to get a view of the dishes as they go around in the conveyor belt system.
its nice to see some of the sushi being made in front of your plate and sliced and served on..
Aim to spend an hour to an hour and half as a variety of dishes are placed /replaced every 10 minutes or so on the conveyor belt.
The drinks are reasonably priced too.

We will visit again!

• Visited March 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great service and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Friendly and welcoming team mean you are comfortable sampling all that you want from the buffet belt. Good selection on the buffet means it's great value, though if you are into finer sushi then the menu offers a wider selection of sushi and other dishes.
Great for groups or singles, there are bench tables but i prefer to sit at the bar and take straight from the belt. Salmon and avacado rolls are to die for!

Chelmsford
“Not for ‘real sushi‘ fans”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went to the restaurant a few times with different friends who would love to have a bit of exotic taste. The sushi was ok for people who are curious about sushi, but if you are a big fan of real sushi or Janapnese food then you would be disappointed. The sushi types are very limited and there hardly any seafood sushi on the belt.

The service standard is vary, depending on who is serving at the time, mostly the young waitors/waitresses are good, but some senior staff could be rude if you are there for too long even you aren't taking food from the belt.

I wouldnt recommend this restaurant to sushi lovers or people who intend to sit and chat for long. With similar price I'd go to the dimsum restaurant in town centre for the authentic oriental food.

• Visited November 2012