“Fantastic for the whole family.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Birmingham
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for the whole family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed with our young family, children loved the space and cool kids extras, we loved the views and comfortable modern rooms. Great convenient location, we visited the thinktank museum, and the Hippodrome, all in walking distance. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hopefully will be visiting again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StayingCool_Rotunda, Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Hi Julie T

The Cool for Kids package has been really popular since we launched it. It's great to hear that you little ones enjoyed their treats - we keep adding to it when we can, so do let us know if you have any suggestions.

The city really is buzzing with great family fun this summer and ThinkTank and Hippodrome are a fantastic part of the Birmingham offer (I've just managed to get tickets to Lion King and I can't wait).

Hope to see you and the family again soon.
All the best
Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The location is incredible. You are right in the middle of the shopping centre but very high up so it is incredibly quiet. The view is awesome. The rooms are modern, spotless and nicely furnished. Staff are incredibly friendly and approachable. I wanted to live there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Hi gabrielaesta

Thanks for your comments - we know what you mean about wanting to live here, we often don't want to go home, especially when the sun is out.

Hope to see you really soon. There's some great events coming up over the summer, including some great fashion shows at the Bullring...

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been to many hotels but I have to admit I was truly taken aback my experience at staying cool Rotunda Birmingham. Firstly, this hotel has changed my impression of Birmingham and I think it is most definitely on par with CitizensM, if not slightly better.
Location is perfect, rooms are spectacular and the view at night is priceless. The bed is so comfy, bathroom clean and you also get free wifi and sky. I thought I had experienced the best customer services had to offer (at Citizens M) but I think staying cool has surpassed it. I was met at the reception by Danny (might be wrong) who was extremely polite and well mannered. I even got a text to check if everything was ok and he also asked if I needed anything.
I am gutted I only spent a night here but I am definitely going back.
My only disappointment is that I can’t believe I have only just found out about the hotel.
I WILL BE BACK

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Hi OlaVito19

Danny is still smiling about your comments (as are we), so many thanks for leaving the review for us.

We really want our apartments to be a home-from-home and try to think of those little things that you may forget to bring (or simply not have the space to fit them in your luggage...).

Many elements of your stay come from guest suggestions - including the SMS on arrival and it has proved to be really useful - much less intrusive then calling when you want to unwind and enjoy the view.

Great to hear you will be back and we look forward to seeing you.

Do let us know if there is anything else you need.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Friendly and approachable staff, rooms are very relaxing and comfortable. The views are breath taking. I for sure will not be staying anywhere else the next time I am in Birmingham. Convenient location, great facilities big thank you to the staff for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi al_6661981

We really like it when guests see our team as part of their overall experience with us and we are all very pleased we helped you enjoy your stay.

We're extremely lucky to have such a central location - not many people have Selfridges as their corner shop... We hope you had time to make the most of the Bullring and Birmingham's great independent outlets.

We hope to see you again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

As my profession requires me to travel up and down the UK I know a little about apartments / hotels and the hospitality business therefore it gives me pleasure in saying this particular establishment is "top notch".
From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave you are looked after well by the staff who greet you with ear to ear smiles.
I like a view with my apartment so the penthouse is the only choice for me, with it's panoramic views and it's spacious dwelling I couldn't ask for more.
In conclusion when staying in Birmingham choose the Rotunda, there's no other place like it (in Birmingham at least).

P.s try to get the penthouse it really does feel like you're "up in the clouds".

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
From Kim RIchards - Birmingham

Hi Angel B

Thanks for your post - we're glad you found us too!

Even after your tenth stay, we're sure you'll still find something new to see on the horizon.

We hope to see you very soon. Do let us know if you are interested in setting up a corporate account - it can save you time and money if you are in Birmingham on a regular basis.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

What can I say. I always thought Birmingham was a glorified council estate, I was extremely shocked when I stayed at Staying Cool. What can I say, it's more than Cool it is wonderful. Huge apartment, brilliant comfy beds, spacious, good service and they let me stay longer and helped me plan my onwards travel. Good central location, would stay again. Thank you to the staff for making me feel so welcome in such a poor city.
Best

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Daniel A

Thanks for taking the time to post a review - we love to hear back from our guests.

I have passed on your very kind words to the team, we really do like to make you feel like part of the family.

The beds are one of our favourite home comforts - each day starts better after a good nights sleep...

Sorry to hear that you are not a big fan of Birmingham. Next time you find yourself in the city, do let us know, we'd love the chance to help change your mind and could put a great little itinerary together for you - put us to the test.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am a business traveler that likes eclectic trendy hotels. This is neither. It is an apartment complex where one rents someone's apartment. It is in the middle of Birmingham in a shopping complex. The cab drops you off at the street and you drag your luggage up to the lobby and it is downhill from there. Just do not bother.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
StayingCool_Rotunda, General Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello kacclt

We were so sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

Rotunda is indeed primarily a residential apartment complex in the heart of the city's shopping quarter and we occupy the top few floors. We're not a full service hotel with a bar, restaurant or porters. Instead we try to offer something different, where we provide a lot more facilities in your apartment than a standard hotel room, such as a high spec kitchen with espresso machine, juicer as well as a lounge area with all mod cons.

The cab drop off point is around the back of the building as the front entrance is in a pedestrianised area. It is about 25m from cab to front door. For the benefit of future guests reading this, if we can help with bags then we will do - just call our guest relations team ahead of arriving.

Most of our guests really value being so centrally located, with easy access to the shops, two train stations and the business district but we're sorry that this did not suit you.

Kim Richards

Been to Staying Cool at the Rotunda? Share your experiences!