“Great staff and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Warwick Arms Hotel
17 High Street, Warwick CV34 4AT, England   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Warwick
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“Great staff and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our stay at the Warwick will not be our last. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was faultless. Spacious rooms with tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The walls are a little thin so you may here a little noise if your neighbors are boisterous. The breakfast is brilliant and the girls and boys who serve are fabulous. A special mention for the hotel manager whose name I have forgotten. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The hotel is in the middle of the town, five minutes walk from the castle and ten minutes from the racecourse. Two great places to eat in Warwick. The Saxon Mill and the Micatto (Italian)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This small hotel did everything they could to give us a pleasant and comfortable stay. My room number 4 was clean, tidy and warm, possibly too warm & the shower room was just bigger than a changing cubicle. Perfectly adequate for me as the best was great and gave me a good nights sleep. You cannot get the WiFi upstairs. Supper on the first night was a quiet affair with a limited range of specials and a chef that made another steak and ale pie for us latecomers. It was undoubtedly the best I have ever had....and when I congratulated the staff after the meal I found out that he had made it with fillet steak. It was a generous portion, perfectly cooked with delicious pastry and perfect mash potato. The breakfast chef can't make runny scrambled eggs but everything else was spot on and not too complicated. Staff were at all times of the day and night, capable, helpful, polite and timely. My only complaint was the smell of fish that lingered and pervaded the stairway every evening. Would I return with my family, yes. Is it value for money, just about I would say but ask to see your room if you don't like compact.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NORFOLK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I thought we would let you know that we had a fantastic weekend at The Warwick Arms in Warwick. On our departure after breakfast we managed to have a conversation with Dave the Chef and congratulated him on his food over our special weekend. He then went on to tell us the history and stories from the hotel which we found very interesting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the hotel just for a visit, the hotel is in the center of Warwick and is literally on the Castles doorstep. Food was spectacular, and though breakfast was very busy staff made sure you had everything you needed. Great food, great atmosphere and Wil the young barman had great knowledge of the beers on sale (which there is a good variety) he also chatted to us and made us feel very welcome.
Will defiantly be visiting again. Thank you Warwick Arms team!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
shrophire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was my husbands and my birthday and decided on a weekend in warwick. After looking at various hotels in warwick we chose the warwick arms as it was very central and meant we didn't need to use the car til departure. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated, the bedroom was a little small but very comfy. On the saturday night we had stayed out late (1am) and found the hotel door locked, but no problem, rang the bell and the night porter Kian let us in. He was very friendly and when we asked if the bar was still open he said yes. He served us and chatted with him for a while and he gave us some good ideas for future visits to warwick. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but the menu looked good, the breakfast was superb

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nr. Rugby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

5 of us stayed here on a Saturday night at the end of November. We split the cost of 2 rooms evenly between us and payed £24 each. Bargain. The rooms were nicely decorated though nothing special. The beds were comfy and the bed linen was nice. The bathroom was newly decorated and quite modern and the shower was nice to use. The main problem was the drafty windows which rattled in the wind all night. The room was warm enough but the bathroom was freezing because of it.
The hotel is very old so the floors are very sloped which makes u feel drunk when your not...I liked this because it added to the character.
Breakfast was nice though a couple of the things offered weren't available e.g. Hash browns.
For £58 a room I thought this was a great hotel located brilliantly for not needing to use the car. I would definitely recommend. (I saw a review saying some1 payed £100 for their room, I wouldn't pay that much!)

• Stayed November 2012
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

What a fantastic hotel...was a last minute break and the hotel receptionist, Helen was so helpful when we rang up trying to find a room!
Great location, free car park easy walk in to the Market Square and Castle.
We decided to go to the castle and she gave us a voucher for 25% off which was great!
Room was lovely with a bath and comfy bed, larger was great and a good selection of wines on offer!
Food looked & smelt amazing wanted to stay but had booked somewhere else :(
Breakfast was wonderful all cooked to order...well done chef!
Staff were really friendly and helpful...would stay again!

Room Tip: We were in room 24...lovely view of the castle!