“Recent stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Warwick
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Recent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just had 4 nights staying at the hotel. Booking made online and straightforward. As we were helping organise an event nearby which meant a couple of early starts I enquired before our stay by email about the possibility of early breakfast as my husband is diabetic and was assured that this was possible but as the kitchen did not open till 7 it would be a continental breakfast this was perfectly acceptable.

Room clean and large, bed huge and comfortable, bathroom spotless, told reception we had a light bulb out and it was sorted immediately. Road noisy but quite need down and as up early away before got noisy, rooms very warm.
Ate in the restaurant a couple of nights and had very nice meals including a couple of excellent steaks, wine expensive.
Staff pleasant and very helpful all in all very good until the last day which was to be the Sunday. Saturday evening I asked what time Sunday breakfast was and if it was at the same time as the other days ie 7am and was told it was not available till 8 am. I explained to the receptionist we had to be away for 7.30 could we possibly have a continental breakfast before we left explaining once again my husband is diabetic and needs to eat. The lady was most helpful and asked what we would like so tea, coffee, toast and cereal were ordered , then offered the luxury of it delivered to our room, room number given and we were assured it would be delivered at 7. Breakfast never arrived, we waited 10 minutes and went down to reception to start checking out and ask where it had gone to be met with total indifference. Reception staff had changed no one knew or cared anything about it, shoulders were shrugged, other staff members were asked but walked on by so we paid and left.
It spoilt what had otherwise been a pleasant stay. Running a hotel is supposed to be part of the service industry, we spent hundreds of pounds for 4 nights B and B but unfortunately even after informing them of our timetable they seemed unwilling to provide us with something as simple as a slice of toast on the two early mornings we had. Plenty of staff around, toaster was there but no one willing to even switch it on.
So if you can fit in around their timetable fine but do not expect them to try to help you even when before arriving you have ensured they know your requirements and they have assured you they can comply with your needs.
Will not be returning.

Room Tip: Ask or a room away from the busy road and do not expect early breakfast
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Lincs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We booked a 1 night stay for 16 Oct 2013 through "hotel club" and paid for it at the time of booking. Though the hotel was ok, a bit tired but suitable for what we required, I found after I returned home that I had paid for the room twice. My fault as I did not check my card bill when I settled up for extras, meals, drinks etc:
When I realised I had paid for the room twice I contacted the hotel and was told I needed to send an email, with supporting documents and they would refund the overpayment. This I did but heard nothing. After 3 weeks I emailed again but have still not had the courtesy of a reply.
I am now chasing them through "hotel club" but consider this hotel to be failing completely in customer service. They have effectively stolen money from me and cannot be bothered to even acknowledge my emails.
They are con merchants, you have been warned

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve G, General Manager at Honiley Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Brent 058,

I was very sorry to hear that the hotel let you down when it came to the billing part of your stay. Additionally, I apologise for the lack of correspondence in the matter which was quite unacceptable. I have investigated the matter with the hotel manager and he assures me that the lack of response was administrative error. The hotel will process the refund for the accommodation element twice billed, but this needs to be done on the telephone to protect your card security and we are contacting you now to arrange this. However, to suggest that the hotel is owned or operated by con merchants is inaccurate, and misleading to other Tripadvisor users. We aim to provide a happy and enjoyable hotel experience, and only expect customers to pay once!

Steve Guttridge

Area Manager

Licensed Solutions Ltd
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

First Holiday/Break for a long time. Birthday week for me. We found this Hotel at a very good price for 3 nights. Good buffet breakfast included. Evening 3 course meal extra. all food exceptional.

Ensuite room with a bed so big that you need a satnav to find each other.

Room cleaned and tidied everyday while we were out.

Close to Warwick, Leamington Spa and Stratford.

Looking forward to another visit in the Summer.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms good for disabled access.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Awful trouble booking the room to begin with. Booked over phone and was told I'd get an email confirming. Two two more phone calls next day to get this that said instead of a twin room that I'd booked, it was a double. Emailed back to ask for this to be corrected and to confirm (as I'd been told on the phone) that our dogs would be allowed in the room at no extra charge. Received this same day.
Turned up at hotel, assigned a double room!!
Hotel in general is very tired, with corridor carpets that are frayed and smelly and roof tiles missing with buckets underneath catching water.
Room was very outdated and nothing more special than a travelodge. It was clean though. Beds awfully hard so with that and the very hot room (couldn't have window open as on the ground floor and no 'stay' on either window, didn't get much sleep. There was also a huge dead rat right outside our window, which we informed the staff and it was still there when we left in the morning.
Staff were very pleasant but not enough for me to recommend a stay here.
On a very busy road so not great for dogs

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

A nice hotel, I don't agree with the 4* on this page though. Little details were missing, the window in our room on the first floor opened fully outwards, the safety mechanism had been broken. The ironing board in our room had been badly burnt and the iron still had burn residue on the bottom. They are small things that can be rectified easily. Our room was generally clean and presented nicely. The bed was huge! The bathroom was nice too. Breakfast was a little underwhelming with no real effort made to make a big deal of it. It was very much canteen style. Personally I'm not a fan, I would have liked a different option, fruit maybe, American style breakfast with pancakes etc. All in all though not a bad hotel and one which we would visit again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just stayed for 1 night but we were very impressed with a lovely, modern, clean room. An extra bed for our son and a fantastic breakfast in the morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The cost was very good to. We paid £48.00 for a family room with breakfast included on a late deal. Great choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice warm welcome at book in.The room was a great size with two fold down beds for our kids which we were more than happy with.and the room itself was very clean and tidy.
The food and service was excellent and we were offered different food for the kids for the evening meals,the breakfast was help yourself english breakfast,cereals,toast and fresh juice.
The overall service was excellent with the staff being friendly,polite and professional at all times.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be quiet and of the same good quality
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Honiley Court Hotel? Share your experiences!