“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kings lynn Norfolk
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Family run and nothing was to much trouble made you feel very welcome, and the food was out of this world perfect evening

Visited October 2013

Warwick
“That is your opinion”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on the 27.10.13

We should have realized walking into a small Italian Restaurant on a busy main street, at about 8.00pm on a Friday night, without having pre-booked and having a choice of several free tables, that our expectations should have been reduced.

We were asked to take a seat in the entrance area whilst we selected from the menu.
We ordered a glass of chardonnay and a diet coke from the young lady that gave us our menus, she brought my coke and apologized that she could not dispense the wine as she was under age and that someone else would bring it,

My wife had the Bruschetta and I had the Melon and Prawns to start.

The Bruschetta appeared to be just chopped raw tomato and onion on a small piece of bread, the chopped tomato and onion would have been very much at home sitting on a Popadom in an Indian restaurant, My wife left most of it, I tried it, it was what it looked - We have both had loads of Bruschetta starters, never ever had a problem and many of them in non Italian Restaurants.

The Melon and Prawns was again a poor attempt at an easy starter - the melon was sliced very thin and the so called "prawns" were few and far between, of the size of shrimps and some of them served not whole, but in bits under a deluge of marie rose sauce.
I did eat all of the melon and the small amount of what I believe were shrimps, nothing wrong with the taste of the expensive starter, just the content.

I have had more prawn cocktails with avocado, melon etc than I would care to think, never ever had a problem, but this was disappointing and in my opinion extremely poor show.

My wife chose the Peppered Steak and I chose the Spaghetti bolognese, My wife found the Steak unpalatable, so I swapped with her, the bolognese was watery and bland - I had one small piece off the end of the Steak to find it all encrusted with peppercorns and I knew if I tried to eat it I would be ill later, my wife had now also come to the end after trying the bolognese.

We asked for the Bill - we had two virtually untouched meals on the table, An elderly Lady, maybe the owners wife, asked if everything was ok, I said it was fine, she repeated and I repeated same, I was not happy and I did not want to cause a scene and we were right alongside a table of three diners.

I paid the Bill and we left via the rear entrance that we had just spotted, as the car was at the rear. A young man in a chef's outfit came out at the same time into the car park looking at me, I asked him if he was the chef to which, he said yes and I remarked to him that the meal was Bad and why,

He was nodding when I said shrimps and told me that he would have prepared another steak.
I went thru what was wrong and he kept repeating; "That is your opinion" I explained that we eat out 2 -3 nights a week, we have consumed a lot of Restaurant meals and have a lot to compare with - he just repeated "That is your opinion".

We have had good food and food not so good, but we usually eat it, maybe not all of it, but we are paying for it and we were probably hungry, but never, never leave the meal on the plate and ask for the Bill.

This was a bad experience, I probably would not have wasted my time further on posting this comment, but the chef's attitude was the icing on his cake.

Visited September 2013
Warwick
“Yet another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate at this lovely restaurant last night to see what improvements renovations had made and were not disappointed, it hasn’t lost it’s Italian charm or cosy feel but the bar area certainly has changed for the better.

I had the whitebait and swordfish; one of my companions had smoked salmon wrapped around juicy prawns with Marie Rose sauce followed by sea bass which she’d never had before and found to be totally delicious and our 3rd diner had avocado and prawns then the pork tenderloin with an incredible sauce. We were pretty much stuffed but still managed to find the room to share Tiramisu and the best profiteroles that any of us had ever had before!

Certainly can’t wait till our next visit but as they are getting very popular, we recommend that you book in advance!

The only downside was the couple sitting next to us who whined that the prawns in his starter were too small and that the Aberdeen Angus based Spaghetti Bolognese was not as he expected it to be ~ some people take a lot of pleasing it seems!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Excellent Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Having walked through Warwick looking for a place for dinner we decided that Giovanni's looked good and we were not disappointed. The staff who I think are also the owners are very friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent and our pasta plates were so full we had to share a dessert, the cheesecake, which was delicious. Locals are lucky to have such a nice place to eat , a true Italian restaurant in a lovely town.

Visited August 2013
Cheshire
“Excellent service and great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We called here after a trip to Warwick castle and were not disappointed by the quality of the food and the service. We were made to feel very welcome and it is a lovely family run restaurant, a rare thing these days. The food is all homemade and you can tell, even the vegetables are home grown, and very nice too. If you want quality food, served in a friendly enviroment, then this is the place to go. If we were local then we would definitely be regulars but unfortunately we live in Cheshire. To add to the good service, my grandson had left his ipod in the restaurant and they have offered to send it back to us and have been very helpful. If we're ever in Warwick again we will definitely return to Giovanni's.

• Visited August 2013