“A V8 Symphony” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from five classic car tours around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds: Arden Tour, Edgehill Tour, Stoneleigh Tour, Stour Tour and our ultimate tour - 125 mile Test Hills Run.
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
“A V8 Symphony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wanted to give my husband a day to remember and hired the 1965 Ford Mustang. This was a 50th birthday present so wanted something special. I called Tony Merrygold and he was so helpful and reassuring that I booked it there and then. The website and photo's were also very true to what you are getting. On arrival, Elaine & Tony made us feel very welcome and made the final processes very simple. Tony explained the workings of the Mustang clearly and concisely and helped us get to grips with the car. The location was perfect with so many wonderful roads, villages and towns to choose from. We toured the Cotswolds and burbled our way around every place we could find stopping off for lunch at a fabulous pub in Bledington. My husband had goosebumps from the minute we left until we returned 10 hours later ! The car was beautifully presented and in wonderful condition. I think if my husband had half a chance he would be back to try all of the classic cars on a weekly basis but the Mustang is top of his list and i think always will be. Thank you Tony & Elaine so very much for everything you have done and we look forward to dealing with you again at some point in the future. Outstanding service.

Visited July 2013
TheOpenRoadWarwick, Owner at The Open Road - Day Drives, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks very much for the review. We have always tried to keep our processes as quick and simple as possible so we are glad this worked for you. Burbling round the Cotswolds is a unique experience and I think you summed it up perfectly on your return when you just stepped out of the Mustang and just said "Wow!".

But I doubt a one word review on Trip Advisor would be much use to people.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great day, great car, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I hired the E-Type Jag for my husband's birthday and it was one of the best day's fun we ever had. Car was beautifully presented and Tony gave full instructions in friendly and welcoming manner. Location superb for day's touring, cannot fault the experience and hope to repeat with one of the other classics.

Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant! Experience the car of your dreams!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I hired an austin healey 1963 model, was a surprise birthday present for my husband.
The service was second to none, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Tony the owner has a wealth of information and knowledge with regards to classic cars. He helped me to keep it a surprise and strategically the car was placed on his driveway ready for us when we arrived at the pick up address. My husband was given a run down on the car and then went for a quick test drive with Tony. We were then able to hit the open road. We had a fantastic day.....so if you have dreams of owning a classic car and like us do not have space to keep one then this is a great way of experiencing the car of your dreams. Thanks Tony...will be in touch very soon when we have decided which car to try next!

Visited April 2013
Piermont, New Hampshire
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was going to travel with my husband in England and wanted to give him a birthday present of an antique car rental. Although we were unable to actually do it in the end, I exchanged several emails with Tony Merrygold who could not be more helpful. He did not only help me choose the car (I have minimal knowledge about cars) but also shared very valuable information on travel to Warwick, etc. I am very sorry that we did not get to meet him in person.

Visited February 2013
Leicestershire
5 attraction reviews
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We hired the Mustang back in May 2012, it was a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday. I had done plenty of planning & Tony was a great help. The car was ready on time, we were taken for a test drive. Evrything was perfect (how often can you say that) It was great as we had the car the whole day & you can go a long way driving all day. We took a picnic, had great weather. The car the service the weather everything was fab. Would not hesitate to recommend, don't think about it do. Hit the road...

Visited May 2012