“Good food, good value, good ale, good service. What more can you ask?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Granville

The Granville
52 Wellesbourne Road | Barford, Warwick CV35 8DS, England
01926 624236
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 104 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dover, England
“Good food, good value, good ale, good service. What more can you ask?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on the Granville by accident, but what a lucky stumble! Two course lunch for £11.95 and a choice of three good ales- job done. The wine list is not extensive but covers most bases and prices are very reasobable. The food is of high quality and obviously prepared with skill and care with attention to detail, eg hot plates for hot food, and no automatic service charge; for each of those failings I always deduct one point, but in this case I am delighted to award a 5.

Walsall
“Perfect End to Our Olypmic Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

A bit late writing this review but better late than never! We found The Granville on the way back from going to the Olypmics. Now we both probably walked in looking dreadful as we had been caught in the rain but the welcome was warm and you immediately feel at home. They didn't have the started I wanted but this wasn't an issue just meant I'd have room for pudding instead. My husband had Fish and Chips for main and it was huge and he loved the Batter. I had the Breast of Lamb which was beautifully cooked. For pudding it was a Trio of Peach deserts including Pannacotta which was a delight. I will be finding an excuse to be in the area again to go back.

• Visited July 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Really Good Food in a nice setting....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Visited The Granville a couple of years ago and it was distinctly average but on our last visit a few days ago it was excellent. A good menu with well cooked food and the waiter seemed to know about wine. The pub is situated in a quiet village just outside Warwick and it's a nice place to have a relaxing meal. When you go there try and get a table at the back of the restaurant - when we went the tables were well spaced out.

• Visited February 2013
“Fantastic meal out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited The Granville on our way to Stratford, and so glad we did. Had seen review in Good Pub Guide, but couldn't find it on Trip Advisor under the village name of Barford (note to Trip Advisor and management). As soon as we walked in we were welcomed by staff, and I could tell it was my sort of place! Modern decor and comfortable surroundings. We had three courses and each one was delicious and well presented. Prices weren't cheap, but the quality of food was excellent, so we were happy to pay them. Would definitely recommend this place, just a shame we don't live nearer!

midlands
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to the Granville today and was looking forward to trying it, however it didn't live up to the hype for me sadly. I thought the menu was small, with few choices, so opted for a sandwich and chips. The sandwich was listed as mature cheddar with red onion marmalade - well, the bread was fab but the marmalade was just weird. Two of us had it and neither liked it. Another friend had the fish pie, which was small, had no veg or salad with it and, by her account, lacked any flavour - she ended up rousing it with salt and pepper to try and give it some. Another friend had the beefburger - he'd specifically requested a plain burger, without the cheese or bacon but he still got them. He said it was tasty but very rich. The only one of our group who was happy was the lady who ordered a smoked salmon sandwich. I must say that the food looked gorgeous and was beautifully presented but we were disappointed - seemed to be 'style over substance' plus it wasn't cheap - six pounds for a sandwich (which was basically just cheese and onion) and three pounds for chips. I don't like to give bad reviews so I will give them a 2nd chance sometime but I certainly won't rush back

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Valerie K, Owner at The Granville, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We always welcome feedback and we religiously give out a Customer Questionnaire with the bill at the end of the meal. We are also very happy to deal with any problems on the night, which fortunately, isn't very often. We have taken your comments on board and have made a few changes. On our new Spring menu, we have kept the cheese sandwich as it is very popular, but have changed it to Staffordshire organic cheddar with a different accompaniment of apple & cider chutney. I have discussed your comments regarding the fish pie with the head chef, who has taken your comments on board. Our burger is home-made and I agree that it is quite rich in flavour - I guess this is down to personal taste, as we have customers who pay a return visit, just to have the burger and we have kept it on our new menu due to its popularity. I can only apologise that you were not satisfied with the food and hope that you return to give us a second try. I would be very happy to offer you a drink on the house and would ask that you make yourself known please, when booking a table. We hope to see you again. Kind regards, Val