“Excellent food and lovely service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I went to Tailor's as a birthday treat before I went on holiday and I don't think I could have had a better meal anywhere else. The service was fantastic and the staff were very friendly, giving us recommendations and chatting to us without intruding on our meal. The food itself was fantastic, from the interesting breads they served us before our starters to the beautifully displayed main courses. As well as looking great, the food was also perfectly cooked and the flavour combinations worked very well together. We weren't rushed to eat our food even though the restaurant was very busy (it was graduation week) and service wasn't slow or sloppy at all. They even brought out a small plate of chocolate when we told them it was my birthday. Overall it was a really great evening out, if not the cheapest.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Classy lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Popped in for a spot of lunch. Nice set menu: 2 courses plus drink for £15.
I had the steak, cheese plate and a very nice rosé.
Service was unobtrusive and polite.

Decor was tasteful but the music was a tad too loud.

I also had a bottle of sparkling water which was only £3.00 for a huge litre. I've paid that for a titchy bottle in some places!
The steak was cooked perfectly rare with little onions and chunky chips. The bread was gorgeous and the cheese and crackers was ok.

I will probably talk the OH into treating me to a meal out here one night.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and really good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went to Tailor's on a Saturday evening for a friend's birthday. We all ordered 3 courses and everyone was really impressed by the quality of the food. The taste combinations were really unusual but they definitely worked. All of the meals were expertly explained by Mark. The wine was also delicious. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable evening and highly recommended if you fancy yourself as a bit of a foodie!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Yes, it's not the cheapest restaurant in Warwick but it's definitely the best. Been here a couple of times and it's consistently excellent and the tasting menu is superb.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Invention & Imagination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have eaten three times here now (this is my normal minimum visit number before submitting a review) and each time I have been impressed. The theme of the restaurant seems to be takes on classic basic dishes given a gourmet makeover, for example Corn Beef Hash and Spag Bol with their own inventive take. there are also more traditionally desinged dishes but they all show a high degree of cooking skill in my opinion. The service is relaxed and comfortable and the atmosphere is the essence of a good local restaurant. The food is excellent quality and the range of dishes is good for what is essnetially a small restaurant. I am not local but will seek out when i am next in Warwick. Impressed.