“Great location but would not stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Holiday Cottages

Pear Tree Holiday Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford-upon-Avon
Pear Tree Holiday Cottages
You added Pear Tree Holiday Cottages to your Saves list
7 Church Road, Wilmcote, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 9UX, England   |
San Diego, CA
“Great location but would not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Pear Tree Cottage in Wilmcote offers 2 self-catering units. I stayed in the Apple Loft for a week, a 1st floor one bedroom unit, which the web site states can accommodate up to 3 people. The accommodation has a fully equipped kitchen, including a washing machine and dryer. This is one of the reasons I selected the location. However, upon arrival we were asked not to use it as it is too noisy. The only other option was to use the owners' machines down stairs and around the corner in a shed. Not bad except when it is raining on laundry day. On my booking form I included my name, my travelling companion, and a friend who lives in England and planned to join us for a few days. However, when she called, twice, she was told she could not stay and was given the names of B & Bs in the surrounding area. Once we arrived and mentioned this to Ted, the owner, he stated she could stay. Of course she had already booked elsewhere! Other than these two complaints the location and unit layout was fabulous. Wilmcote is about 3 miles from Stratford upon Avon and an easy drive to the park and ride so you don't need to drive into the town center. Pear Tree is also around the corner from Mary Arden's Farm. However, I would not go back again as I feel lied to about the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2009
Philip M, Owner at Pear Tree Holiday Cottages, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
The review dated July 27th 2009 suggests that I lied about the availability of my Apple Loft.
What actually happened was that the American lady who booked ,for herself & her mother asked that, if it was possible, a third person could stay with them in a folding bed in the one bedroom flat.
I agreed and she fiiled in a booking form that stated that the third person MIGHT come.
When they arrived the third person was not mentioned and I assumed she would not be coming.
I subsequently found out that, for some strange reason, she had told this person to BOOK HERSELF IN for that week.. She did this and did not not indicate that she was the third person mentioned and I obviously hought that hers was a new enquiry, and told her that the apartment was already booked and advised her about alternative accommodation in the area.
I have since asked the lady who booked to give me the contact details of the third person so that I can explain what happened-she has declined to do so.
With regard to the comments regarding laundry-I asked her not to use the machine in her kitchen because we had had complaints about other American guests setting the washing machine to run overnight. causing noise and vibration in the adjacent apartment. She was shown to a fully equipped laundry in a brick outhouse 5 yards from her door, which she used without complaint.
I hope this explains the misunderstanding which through no fault of mine caused the complaint, and will convince you to delete the msleading comment
P E Mander

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tiverton, Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

This B&B is a home away from home. The landlady and landlord were extremely welcoming on arrival and friendly at breakfast each morning. They had gone to a great deal of effort to provide comprehensive information about local attractions and facilities, including copies of the menus of each pub and restaurant within 10 miles. They even included their own personal review of the food if they'd visited the restaurant.

We were surprised by the quality because the rates were very reasonable.

The facilities on site aren't really suitable for eating in, so eating out is a must, which may prove expensive, but Stratford has plenty of choice.

The location was plus for us. Set in a nice quiet modern feeling village, but only a short drive from Stratford itself. It was also handy for reaching main routes leading in all directions so a great touring base.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

We stayed in Acanthus cottage which is the self catering accomodation attached to Pear Tree Cottage. It was very clean and well equipt with fridge-freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Some food items were provided to 'start us off' which was a nice touch. The cottage is situated in a lovely village a short drive away from Stratford and a 2 minute walk from Mary Arden's house. We would definately recommend it!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2003

We enjoyed our stay at Pear Tree Cottage very much. The cottage is lovely and gives you a real taste of the history of the area. It is located very ideally for touring the Stratford upon Avon area. Pear Tree Cottage is located in Wilmcote a small village near the many Shakespeare tourist spots but also away from the crowded streets of Stratford upon Avon. The breakfasts served are wonderful! The breakfasts are tailored to what you would like and are very well prepared. Mr. and Mrs. Mander, the owners, are very welcoming and friendly. The first time we visited Pear Tree Cottage it was a snowy day in March and they provided all the necessary items for my teenagers to make snowmen in their garden. We are from Florida so that was a real thrill. Because we enjoyed Pear Tree Cottage so much on our first visit we made a point of staying at Pear Tree Cottage again on our next trip to England this past summer. We enjoyed it just as much the second time.

Been to Pear Tree Holiday Cottages? Share your experiences!