“You can't go wrong!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is a pub too. One of the JD Wetherspoons company growing portfolio of hotels and dining pubs. Only a minute walk from the river and RSC.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“You can't go wrong!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wetherspoons have got it right - and the Golden Bee in Stratford is no exception! Very reasonably priced hot fast proper pub food and a wonderful range of beers. Service is quick and friendly and the location is right in the heart of this beautiful old town. We were able to sit in the window and watch the world go by with a pint of very good ale and a decent steak and kidney pie. And they always have a local interest - a name that's something to do with the locality and local historical pictures and information on the wall. I love Wetherspoons and this is as good as any. Well done owners, managers and staff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you very much I shall pass on your comments to my staff. :-)

Manchester
“Good food, great location, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went for an evening meal whilst staying in Stratford upon Avon. Exactly what you expect of a Wetherspoons meal. Great choice of menu, decently cooked food, good portion size and VERY reasonably priced - which I guess is why they are so successful at what they do.

Some of the reviews are to my mind wrongly critical. Yes, there are "delightful" choices in Stratford but at very "undelightful" prices. We go to some of these restaurants too, but sometimes Wetherspoons is just what we want and we have not been disappointed.

The staff were also very friendly and helpful. My husband and I don't really drink alcohol but can always rely on the food being good value and a nice environment to be in.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Susan thank you so much for your review, we do try very hard to get it right and we are often very busy, like full a lot of the time so occasionally we make a mistake. We are genuinally gutted if this happens but I think my team work hard and try to get it right all of the time, it is so nice to see that are people out there who see this, so once again thanks from team Bee.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was horrible. The drinks weren’t bad. It is a serve yourself environment. There are so many other delightful choices in Stratford, that I would highly recommend going elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Stephanie I can not apologise enough for your poor experience at our pub, My concerns are that my staff should of dealt with your food complaint, that is if you made them aware, we would definately replace it or if not refund you. A little more information would go along way for me if you would be so kind to email me with more information that would be fantastic, then we can focus on getting it right. We pride ourselves on giving the customer a great visit and when we fall short we are very grateful to know, so we can get it right for the future. Yes I would agree there are more 'delightful' places to eat in Stratford, that also charge twice our price but they are a completely different eatery to us. I must stress we are a pub not a restaurant and more for everyday use rather than 'special occasion', so our choices are very different but we still want you to have perfectly cooked food and fab service. Our email is p1610@jdwetherspoon.co.uk. Thank you for your feedback we are working on getting it right 100% of the time.
tunbridge wells
“very good wetherspoon, friendly staff clean and good cheap food and drink,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

went in here by accident, to go back next day for brunch as so reasonable , nice and friendly and clean,

Visited October 2013
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice review gald you tripped up on us :-)
Chonburi, Thailand
“Wetherspoons all over”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is just another Wetherspoons the food is good value for money,however,not the best place to eat in town.We was meeting some friends and the they thought it a good idea to eat in there the food was hot and just as you expect it to be in a Wetherspoons Pub in the middle of a town centre

Visited October 2013
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We agree the competition is of a very high standard in Stratford but the prices also reflect that and that is why we are such a popular venue. We do strive to give our customers the best value without compromising on quality or service and I think we come up trumps, from the comments given to us on a daily basis. We do try to please everyone which can be a tough task and any feedback you can give us really helps us to acheive. So Thank you for your review and if you have any further feedback please contact us, as we will be willing to listen.