“Welcoming and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I flew with High Road Balloons in March and it was a once in a life time experience I will never forget. Russell was a great host and he helped abate my nerves straight away. It was great to get invovled with inflating the balloon and then when we were up there - WOW. It was incredible. I'm hoping it's something I can do again and share with my family. Great value for money and a great great experience.

Visited March 2011

Durham
9 attraction reviews
“An amazing & truly personal experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I flew with High Road Balloons last year, it was an amazing experience! My boyfriend booked it for me & it was a excellent surprise. We did not get to fly on the first occasion due to bad weather, but the second time the weather was perfect! We saw some amazing views from the air & were shown the sights by the pilot Russell. At all time we felt in safe hands & it was lovely to share a glass of Champagne to celebrate the experience at the end of the flight! My flight certificate is now proudly displayed with our photo in our hall. Since our flight 2 friends have also flown with High Road Balloons & have had an equally pleasing experience. It is great to see such an energetic small business prospering in these hard time. Don't worry we will be back to celebrate again with High Road Balloons! Thanks From Kate & Mike!

Visited June 2010
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“peaceful, beautiful and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Myself and my partner where fortunate enough to take a balloon ride in April this year. The weather was amazing, sunshine and 8mph winds. Russell and Emi made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived and within the hour we were helping to inflate a giant balloon. Its not until you are up close that you appreciate the scale of them. It wasn't long before we untied and shot up into the sunshine. First of all we went up to about 5000 feet where Russel pointed out the main landmarks and gave us all lessons in meteorology. We then descended so that we were clipping the tree tops for the rest of the flight. I was amazed by how much wildlife you can see from above when the animals can't hear you sneaking up on them. I was nervous about the landing but there was no need to be, it really wasn't dramatic at all. In all a highly enjoyable experience that you can't even imagine until you've tried it. It was great to be "that person in the balloon" that I've always had to watch from the ground until now.

Visited April 2011