My husband and I looked at this hotel but unfortunately it was already fully booked, so decided to have a meal here instead. We're so glad we did the food was outstanding and could not be faulted. Sadly, the same cannot be said about the service. Although friendly, we did not have confidence in getting the correct meals - which we actually did. We ended up sitting down over half an hour late, this wasn't a major problem as we were just having a relaxing evening and the bar is fabulous and has a wonderful atmosphere. We were told that the kitchen was running behind, even though the restaurant was only half full. The waiters didn't seem to have set tables so we were served by four different people. When the waiter came to take our order he said that they had run out of order pads and would have to remember our order. Having just overhead an opposite table having missing parts of meals I was slightly worried about what we'd end up with. But our meals turned up without error and were absolutely delicious - I really cannot fault the food. We ended up having 3 courses and 2 bottles of wine for around £80 - with amazing food in a fabulous location this is good value for money. I would definitely recommend eating here, but make sure you are not in a hurry and do not mind slightly chaotic but friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon, England
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon