“Quiet and Serene” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Billesley Manor Hotel

You added Billesley Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Billesley Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billesley | Near Alcester, Stratford-upon-Avon B49 6NF, England   |
warwickshire
“Quiet and Serene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for one nights bed and breakfast.Also had the dinner which was great with good service.Well appointed rooms and great facilities.The grounds are immaculate and beautifull and creates an almost serene atmosphere.recommended

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Swindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed for one night on the SPARKLE package. Lovely welcome at reception and a free upgrade. The room was excellent, but due to the warm weather, and being at the top of the building, is was too hot. Unfortunately there were no fans available, Dinner was first class and the staff were great too. Will definitely go back again

Room Tip: Become a Leisurebreak member the next time you visit a Puma Hotel. Free upgrade (if available) and f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your great rating and your review following your recent stay at Billesley Manor. I am pleased you enjoyed your Sparkle break and that you found the team to be great. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have just visited Billesley Manor for a family break and had a fantastic stay. Check in was swift and even though we arrived early our room was ready. The room was very spacious for my wife and I and our two children - very clean, with a great view(room 14). Our party of 13 were booked in for two nights dinner bead and breakfast and due to our group size we had our evening meals(and breakfast) in a separate dining room, which was fabulous with our own waiter - Lorenzo, who was excellent, very friendly, polite and service was very quick. Food was excellent too.
We also used the leisure facilities which were great - nice pool and small but fairly well equipped gym.
We all enjoyed our stay immensely and will be returning next year off our annual get together.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent post and your great rating following your family break at Billesley Manor. I am so pleased you had such a good time and that you felt you were well looked after by the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next year for your get together.

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a lovely stay here with friends. The room was lovely (bed huge) and the food was good. Many of the corridors etc. are pokey and in need of some attention which spoils the overall effect.
Fantastic location and lovely grounds.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay including your room and dinning experience. Billesley is most fortunate to be set in great grounds and within such a short distance from the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.

I hope you will return again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here in May, from a buy a gift present.

THe receptionist who greeted us was lovely. The room was very clean, comfy big bed, bathroom and shower were great.

I cannot fault the rooms or the building.

We have bed, breakfast, dinner and use of the spa facilities.

Spa was perfect. Steam room, sauna and pool. My partner went to the gym and he said they had good gym facilities.

Our dinner on the evening was nice and a lot of choice.

A few of the staff were extremely helpful and polite, but the rest had poor manners!

overall fantastic night away.

I would definately return.

by the way, if you like walk around the back of the hotel there is a small church, overgrown gardens, stunning. Ask at reception if its not open.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your excellent rating and your review detailing your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed al aspects of your stay and that you found our facilities to your liking.

It was great to read that you will be back, see you soon.
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A good country house style hotel in a rural location but with easy access by car to Stratford on Avon Well maintained hotel and grounds Good spa area

Decent breakfast We did not eat in the evening

Good sized well equiped bedroom with everything you need

Good value for money overall

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Billelsey Manor and for your positive comments. I am glad you found us to be good value for money and hope you will return again soon.

Gibraltar, null, Gibraltar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

On arriving at this lovely old building I was filled with a delightful anticipation of the weekend to come, full of luxury and nostalgia.

I actual fact, my room was of the same standard as a Premier Inn. When I asked to be moved I was told that it wouldnt be possible.

The food in the restaurant was very good but unfortunately they did not have several dishes that were on the menu so my choice was limited.

On the second night we ate elsewhere and on returning to the hotel for a evening drink, before even taking a seat in the lounge we were told that the bar was about to close, it was 10.15!

I went to the Spa one afternoon, around 4 and on walking in the door I was told by a grumpy girl that the spa was closing early.

At all times I felt as if I was a hindrance to the staff and that I was there to serve them rather than them serve me. Very disappointing but the building and the gardens are lovely.

Room Tip: we were two couples and both rooms were poor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry to read that there were a couple of encounters which detracted from your overall stay; please may I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your recent stay in more detail.

Jason

Been to Billesley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!