“magnificent weekend, best in a long time!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Billesley Manor Hotel

You added Billesley Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Billesley Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billesley | Near Alcester, Stratford-upon-Avon B49 6NF, England   |
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“magnificent weekend, best in a long time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have just returned after a wonderful weekend at Billesley Manor, and just had to compliment the service provided by all staff there. We had a fantastic weekend and are planning a return in December.
We were checked in incredibly efficiently, even though we had arrived a little early there was no problems with this. We had champagne and chocolates in our room, which was on ice and delicious truffles. The spa was just fantastic, we had treatments on Friday and Saturday. both were just impeccable. The hotel's restaurant was also incredibly good, service was attentive and they got everything right.
The receptionists were lovely, forgot to catch they're names!! Disappointed they didn't meet us for the wine in town!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased that your weekend went to plan and that the team ensured you were well catered for around the hotel. See you in December. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the manor for a Saturday evening, we had been brought a dinner B&B stay for a birthday present.

The hotel is in a lovely location and the room was very pleasant and quite stylish.

We had a lovely afternoon enjoying the pool and spa facilities which we also recommend. The one problem that spoilt the stay was that upon returning to the room to get ready for dinner we found there was no hot water for showers. We phoned reception who said they would send someone, we waited 30 mins only for the duty manager to arrive and run the hot water tap (good idea but obviously we had been trying that!). He said to leave it with him and it may take some time, we said we understood but asked that he phone us with an update as we were getting ready for dinner.

Long story short, no phone call or update about the water until later that evening when we bumped into him after dinner, we asked if the water had been fixed which he confirmed and apologised and asked if we had been able to utilise the spa for our showers. This option was news to us and we stated we hadn't been given any update at all on the water situation despite asking, to which he just apologised turned on his heels and left us.

All in all a pleasant stay but the way we were dealt with by the duty manager and staff afterwards stating sorry there is nothing else they could do was just frustrating!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Please accept my apologies that the hot water ran out when you need it and that there was a lack of communication to let you know when you would be able to have a shower. The team are all trained in Customer Service however some specific situations take time to establish the problem and I am sorry if this was unexpected. The training is constant and I will use this as an example at the next session. Kind regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

As a single mum I needed a break for one night to recharge so I booked into the manor in a premium room for one night. The room service was excellent! Cannot fault the food! If you are going to stay here you must try the steak as it is mouth-wateringly good. The bathrobe was not very soft however and the same problem was found with the towels. If I was to stay here again I would bring my own. The bath had a non slip bath mat that was mouldy and stained orange! Not what I expected for a premium room. On first glance the room looked lovely with the large bed however after half an hour I soon came to the realisation I have stayed in better quality rooms at the premier inn. Did not expect breakfast to be a buffet style nor did I expect to have to carry my food from one room to another. I have had better service in b&bs. Although the bed was comfortable I did not find myself having a relaxing evening as the noise from banging doors was horrendous. I found myself actually leaving bed and heading to the bar to escape from the noise. On my return to my room at midnight I was still unable to sleep due to the noise and a couple in the next room having a blazing row till past 1.30 am. My relaxing break has left me more exhausted than when I arrived! Also please can you inform the cleaners that banging a Hoover against someone's door at 8 in the morning when they haven't slept is not a great idea! That was £151 I should have saved and stayed at home instead. I need another break just to get over the "break" I've just had!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, I will investigate further as I can assure you it is not within our procedures to vacuum bedroom corridors at 8.00am. Please accept my apologies if other guests kept you awake. Kind regards
Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Billesley Manor hotel on Fri 11th Oct for one night on a deal break through the Puma group which consisted of dinner bed and breakfast and a bottle of wine and the price we paid was excellent. The hotel is in lovely grounds and on arrival the staff at reception were very helpful letting us know where our room was and the restaurant. When we got tour room it was nice and clean and very spacious, the only criticism we had was the condition of the bathroom furniture sink had some chips in it and the paint was a bit flaky on the ceiling but as we were only there for one night it wasn't to much of a problem and we did mention it in the comment sheet when leaving. The evening meal we had was excellent the only problem the is if you cross order from the a la carte menu there should be the supplement in brackets next to the meal so you know how much extra its going to cost, but aside from that an excellent meal. Overall good value for money and worth looking on the Puma web site for deals they are doing as you can get yourself a good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the property not at the rear over looking the kitchen roof.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, improvements will be made where possible. Kind regards
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I reserved a two night break at Billesley Manor hotel commencing Saturday 28 September. On arrival we found the inner car park coned off due to the expected arrival of a large car rally and the main car park some distance from the reception area. As I have Parkinsons with very limited mobility my wife went inside to request permission to park outside the main entrance whilst our baggage was unloaded. This was willingly agreed and concern was shown by the staff that our premium room was on the second floor with no lift facilities. As
the hotel was full there was no possibility of changing rooms but the manageress, Joanne, promised she would find a solution and gave us afternoon tea while she worked on a transfer
to a sister hotel. In a relatively short time we were offered alternative accommodation at the
Lygon Arms Hotel which we were pleased to accept. We were very appreciative of the special
efforts by all concerned and had a lovely time in Broadway. Well done both hotels!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on to Trip Advisor, I am so pleased to hear that despite us being unable to accommodate your needs here at Billesley you enjoyed a great stay over at the Lygon Arms. I do hope you will come over to Billesley again soon. Kindest regards Joanne
Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Billesley manor hotel for a weekend break, 2 nights. We were with a group booking so cannot comment on the hotel menu for dinner.
First impressions are good, driving up the long drive past trees, the house comes into view, with the well kept gardens.
Check in was good and our bags were delivered to our room. Our room was not in the main hotel but just across the courtyard in modern apartment type rooms - very nice. The bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent, it was a buffet style self service, but everything we had was hot and fresh. Drinks were served by the staff.
The spa was available for use, we declined but people who did use it said it was very good.
The real down point was the drink price, 1 pint San Miguel, 1 Malibu and lemonade = £11.05!!!
A bit excessive I thought, but this did not spoil our visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Billesley Manor Hotel benefits from a wide range of fabulous facilities along with the beautiful grounds and excellent food, the Hotel is 4 star and our bar prices do reflect this. I am sorry if that came as a suprise, however I am pleased to read that it did not spoli your stay. Kind regards
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly and courteous receptionist who offered to upgrade us for an extra £20 which we agreed to as it included a 4 poster bed! Room was charming and had a fabulous view of the garden. As may be expected from such an old building, the floor was uneven but it did creak alarmingly, unfortunately so did the neighbouring bedroom which was quite intrusive. Also voices from adjoining or nearby bedrooms were quite evident which was rather annoying at midnight after a tiring day.
However I have dropped a star from my overall rating because of our dining experience. I ordered a burger from the bar menu as the restaurant menu didn't appeal and was rather expensive at about £40 for 3 courses, although not unreasonable for a star AA rosette rating. My burger was well made and flavoursome. My partner ordered vegetarian Gnocci but after about 20 mins we were informed that the chef had declared it was unavailable. My partner really wanted a vegetarian meal but there was none other on offer so she settled for fish and chips. When it arrived it did look rather unappetising. Thin stringy chips surmounted by two fillets of fish and a mash of peas smeared across the plate a la "Haute Cuisine"
When my partner tasted the fish, her face told me something was wrong. She detected an "off" flavour or taint and could detect a faint ammonia smell. She pushed the plate to one side as she wasn't able to eat it. A member of the bar staff realised something was up and on being told what the issue was enquired if she would like something else, which she declined as she was a little upset by the experience. A short time later, another member of staff came over and apologised on behalf of the chef who had said that the fish had been delivered the day before and he would be having a word with the supplier. As recompense, my partner was given a free glass of wine and the price of her meal was deducted swiftly and without fuss.
Breakfast was good but the Great Hall was block booked so we ate in an adjoining dining room which was a fair distance from the buffet. Bacon was bit too salty for my taste but otherwise all fine.
All in all, fabulous hotel in beautiful grounds, shame about our meal experience but the hotel did take the matter seriously and didn't spoil our overall enjoyment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to read that you had a problem with your bar meal, once again I would like to extend our apologies. I was pleased to read that it was handled well and that it did not impact on your stay. Kind regards

Been to Billesley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!