“Wonderful experience and good value for money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Billesley Manor Hotel

You added Billesley Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Billesley Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billesley | Near Alcester, Stratford-upon-Avon B49 6NF, England   |
“Wonderful experience and good value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful manor house and gardens. Cosy rooms to dine. Excellent breakfast. Lovely pool and sauna. Considerate staff for letting us use the library for private dining at no extra cost. Comfortable bed and pillows.But please don't turn off the heating in the middle of the night!

• Stayed March 2013
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, I hope you will visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Loved the stay, have stayed here a few times now however the whole experience was undermined by a member of morning breakfast staff who aggressively shouted at another member of staff (who appeared to be new) telling him to "hurry up" whilst making other antagonising remarks to him very loudly in the great hall and tapping his shoulder and aggressively shoving him along. Did not think this was professional by any means, appreciate it was busy but just because he is foreign does not mean he is deaf. I didnt like it. This is such a terrible shame because the hotel itself is lovely and they were very accomdating upon arrival and the location is great with beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review, please accept my apologies for any conflict you think you witnessed between the team members. This comment has been passed on to the Head Chef as behaviour such as this will not be tolerated. Kind regards
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My partner found this deal on the internet and we booked for my birthday. On arrival we were given an upgrade to a lovely room by the spa, overlooking the Topiary garden. (What are the trees shaped into?) The dinner was amazing; absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Breakfast was self service from the cereal, fruit and continental buffet and the cooked breakfast was ordered from the waiting staff.There was a choice of traditional English cooked breakfast (beautiful quality, perfectly cooked) with smoked haddock (not available on this occasion) or kipper as alternatives.

The imposing hotel in large grounds is staffed by particularly warm and helpful people. As students of Russian we were delighted to chat to a charming young lady from Latvia who knew the language. She also brought us chocolates and a lit candle for my birthday!

The cleanliness of the pool was outstanding. Also warm and of reasonable size.

The room: I found I don't like a huge super-king bed but I know others do. The large TV was disconnected but we moved the furniture to plug in the aerial without much difficulty. Beautiful shiny bathroom and robes provided. We turned the radiator right down the second night because we were uncomfortably hot first night. There was a crusty stain on the carpet under the dressing table but was removed when pointed out to housekeeping.The net curtains were brown and tired, but this is really the only fault I could find.

I loved this hotel and would definitely come again, especially if we got such a great deal.

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your experince. In answer to your question, the Topiary Gardens are themed on the mad hatters tea party from Alice in wonderland and they are listed in their own right. I can also confirm that the voiles are actually supposed to be brown, sorry. I do hope you will visit us again soon.
The Midlands, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just returned from a spa break bought from lastminute.com. Very friendly staff on reception and were given a room straight away despite being early. Room clean and modern, with robes and slippers. Went to spa and into changing rooms which are very small with overflowing bins but great showers. Gym was small but really well equipped, everything you ended was there. Pool was lovely with sauna and steam. Treatments were lovely, brilliant massage and facial....although it was cut short by 10 mins overall. I also noticed that the treatment room and some other areas could do with a clean....fluff and hair on the floor.
Food was lovely, well presented. Bar area was small but cosy....we kept wondering if we were missing the main bar! Service was attentive and polite.
Breakfast was great!
All in all a great value stay ...just needs a bit of a clean here and there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you found that it was not as clean as it should be. I can assure you that action has been taken with the team to improve this. Ceri our new Senior Beautician has made several changes since starting at the beginning of April and I hope that you will return to see the benefits. Many thanks
Penrith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Billesley Manor hotel for 5 nights from Sunday to Friday in March 2013 and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is a charming period property dating from around the English Civil War period. My bedroom was comfortable and both breakfast and dinner was great. The staff were all very polite, welcoming and friendly. The service was very good. One member of staff in particular, 'Freddie' the restaurant manager, desreves mention as outstanding for providing a very pleasurable, memorable experience and irresistably convincing me to have more dinner courses than I would otherwise have had! I would certainly recommend this hotel and will have no hesitation in staying there again for my intended future business visits to the Stratford area, which I am looking forward to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review posted on Tripadvisor, I am pleased you enjoyed your Billesley manor experience and that Freddie was an outstanding member of the team. Freddie will receive a WOW award for excellent service. Thanks again.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

In the main, Billesley Manor was an enjoyable place to stay - our room was clean, comfortable and a good number of amenities etc were provided. The let down was our experience with the bar and room service. Firstly, in the bar at about 5.00 p.m there were no staff present and we had to hunt out someone to serve us. When someone finally came, her manner was perfunctory at best. Then, when we ordered room service dinner, we asked for 350ml pours of our chosen wines (as one of us wanted white and the other red). This was clearly listed as an option, with pricing, on the menu for the wines selected. Firstly, the person taking my order asked if I meant a half bottle. My reply was that I wasn't sure, I was simply quoting what was on the menu. After finishing the call, she then called back and advised that there were not half bottles in the wines selected and that they would need to pour the amount requested into a glass. Again I reiterated that I was simply referencing an amount stated on the menu and I was happy for the hotel to do whatever they usually did when someone ordered that amount. Five minutes later another call back, saying that they couldn't accommodate our request and that we would need to order smaller glasses of the wine. I found it odd that there was all this confusion, and inability to accommodate 'our request' when all I was doing was ordering something clearly provided for on the menu ...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, I am sorry that ordering room service wine was complicated and I will address this with the team. I hope to welcome you back to Billesley Manor Hotel in the near future. Kind regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wonderful old building with most of the original features but everything a modern hotel should have. Staff particularly helpful and friendly, and they go out of their way to chat unlike many chain hotels. Dinners and breakfasts good. Good gym, pool, sauna and steam room good.

Was our ruby wedding anniversary (which they were aware of in advance) and it would have been a nice gesture to have given us a bottle of wine, flowers or even a box of chocolates especially as staying 3 nights, but disappointing they didn't. Perhaps our expectations exceeded commercial reality!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Billesley Manor Hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please return soon. Best regards.

Been to Billesley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!