“Some disappointing elements, but overall a good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Billesley Manor Hotel

You added Billesley Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Billesley Manor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Billesley | Near Alcester, Stratford-upon-Avon B49 6NF, England   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Some disappointing elements, but overall a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

In the main, Billesley Manor was an enjoyable place to stay - our room was clean, comfortable and a good number of amenities etc were provided. The let down was our experience with the bar and room service. Firstly, in the bar at about 5.00 p.m there were no staff present and we had to hunt out someone to serve us. When someone finally came, her manner was perfunctory at best. Then, when we ordered room service dinner, we asked for 350ml pours of our chosen wines (as one of us wanted white and the other red). This was clearly listed as an option, with pricing, on the menu for the wines selected. Firstly, the person taking my order asked if I meant a half bottle. My reply was that I wasn't sure, I was simply quoting what was on the menu. After finishing the call, she then called back and advised that there were not half bottles in the wines selected and that they would need to pour the amount requested into a glass. Again I reiterated that I was simply referencing an amount stated on the menu and I was happy for the hotel to do whatever they usually did when someone ordered that amount. Five minutes later another call back, saying that they couldn't accommodate our request and that we would need to order smaller glasses of the wine. I found it odd that there was all this confusion, and inability to accommodate 'our request' when all I was doing was ordering something clearly provided for on the menu ...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, I am sorry that ordering room service wine was complicated and I will address this with the team. I hope to welcome you back to Billesley Manor Hotel in the near future. Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wonderful old building with most of the original features but everything a modern hotel should have. Staff particularly helpful and friendly, and they go out of their way to chat unlike many chain hotels. Dinners and breakfasts good. Good gym, pool, sauna and steam room good.

Was our ruby wedding anniversary (which they were aware of in advance) and it would have been a nice gesture to have given us a bottle of wine, flowers or even a box of chocolates especially as staying 3 nights, but disappointing they didn't. Perhaps our expectations exceeded commercial reality!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Billesley Manor Hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please return soon. Best regards.
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a lovely setting. Very welcoming staff, friendly and efficient and made us feel very welcome. The food in the restaurant was excellent and very well presented. Excellent service too. I came here with five friends for a spa break. It was a very good value deal - champagne and chocolates included - and this is one of our better finds. Large rooms, very comfortable and well placed for the spa - they had obviously considered where we were placed. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your positive review of Billesley Manor Hotel and Spa on Trip advisor. I am pleased to read that you all enjoyed the experience and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards.
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just spent a fantastic weekend in this beautiful hotel. We were a party of 10 ladies with 2 of our party celebrating birthdays. From the moment we arrived to the the moment we left the very friendly staff made us feel very special.
The food in the restaurant was excellent, the restaurant staff were first class and looked after our party very well.
Along with the use of the Spa our weekend was 5 star plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, I am pleased you all enjoed the Birthday celebrations. I hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards.
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Been here a number of times and am a member of the hotel chain so was expecting perfection as always
However recent guests had said that the breakfast buffet ran out of food later on Sunday morning - and to my horror the same happened to me - by half 9 there were no hash browns and by 9.50 no pastries - poor effort
Also when ordering haddock and poached egg - the egg was overdone to the fact it was hard boiled
Otherwise the stay was excellent and the reception staff brilliant - they upgraded us as they thought room allocated wasn't great - really pleasing in this day and age

• Stayed March 2013
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of Billesley Manor Hotel, please accept my apologies that the Hash Browns and Pastries ran out! Both favourites of mine too. I passed your comments to the Chef to ensure that more attention is given to keeping the breakfast topped up towards the end of a busy breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. Best regards.
Hereford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a find! Stayed here with 9 friends for a weekend spa break to celebrate a special birthday. From the moment we arrived we wanted for nothing, all the staff were extremely attentive , our rooms were large ,clean , with champagne and chocolates on our arrival. The food was amazing , lots of choice and nothing was too much for the restaurant staff.The grounds were well maintained, lovely to walk around, the topiary was a real taking point. The spa and the treatments we all had were of a very high standard, we were throughly spoilt. Thank you very much one and all you made a special celebration perfect in every way!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I was so pleased to read that you all enjoyed your Birthday Spa Break Celebrations and felt thoroughly spoilt - this is the result we are aiming for. Hope to see you all again. Best regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

It is a beautiful place in a beautiful location. There is the main building where is the reception, restaurant and some rooms. It looks quite country sort of building, has kept all the features. I stayed in the converted barn outside the main building. My bedroom has been recently refurbished. It was room 53...the view was nice, the room was huge...and looked really nice. the bed was comfortable and the bathroom really clean. In fact the whole room was very very clean. The whole building is surrounded by country side and a funky garden with strange shaped bushes. It is a really pretty garden and great to sit outside in a sunny day. The hotel has a SPA and a swimming pool....but I did not check it out. It is a 5 to 7 min distance from Stratford train station. You cannot get to the hotel without a car...I took a cab. It costed £16...which is quite a lot for such a small trip! The other not so good critic is breakfast. It was pretty boring. It was a buffet with the hot food, some cheeses and cold meats and the cereal area. The hot food was the typical english breakfast..it looked ok. The cereals also had a nice variety. But there were barely any cheeses and only white boring bread. I expected a bit more variety and more home made breads. I did have some lunch and dinner and food was nice. In all was a nice place and quite. great if you want to relax away from noise and city center! However remember...it is in the middle on nowhere! So it is really to enjoy the hotel environment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast as much as the rest of the catering and facilities. This is one for us to work on! I am unsure as to why our usual selection of breads and pastries were not available and I will address this with the team. I do hope that you will return for another relaxing break soon. Best regards.

Been to Billesley Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!