We bought a two night B&B deal with dinner on the first night. The hotel is in a great location. The room was a standard room which although small was well equipped and had a good bathroom. The bathroom was clean, but the bedroom a little dusty so may not have been used for a while. The hotel decor is pleasant in the bar and reception areas with lots of settees and seating. The dinner was good but the dining room was a rather strange layout and we were sat on a table at the far end with a huge gap between us and the rest of the restaurant. Breakfast on the first morning was very nice. Nobody appeared to be in charge though, so we sat ourselves down and eventually a waitress appeared and asked for our room no. and took an order for tea and toast. She was about to leave us when we had to ask how we ordered hot food, and at that point she said we had to order the hot food - it was as if they expected you to know how it all worked!! However, the cooked full English breakfast was very good. This cannot be said for the second morning where a hot buffet had appeared (bacon, sausages, hash browns, tomatoes, dried up mushrooms and very dried up scrrambled egg), but again nobody in attendance to explain, and when we eventually caught a waitress and asked ot order something she finally told us that there was a problem with the cookers and they could not cook anything else off the menu. We tried twice (both evenings) to order a drink at the bar and nobody was there to take our order. We were not offered any reduction in the cost of breakfast (because it was included of course).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel England
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford