“Pleasant Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice hotel, staff friendly, breakfast was great, downsides are that the room was a little dated (but very clean and tidy) with a nice bed and the drinks in the bar were a little expensive - but we are talking about Stratford here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and am very pleased to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We all pride ourselves on offering attentive service we therefore very much appreciate all our guests feedback.
Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for £89 for a post Christmas getaway was a delight. We arrived in the afternoon and found the hotel to be almost in the centre of Stratford and close to the river. We received a very warm welcome and made our way to our room. The Grosvenor is a traditional style hotel and the room was as expected - well furnished and clean with a comfy bed (Tiny bath though!).
We had a nice drink at the bar before venturing into Stratford itself - all the sights within easy walking distance and did a bit of shopping before returning. We went down for dinner and again had very friendly, attentive staff.
The menu was well thought out and some original ideas. it was all lovely and the guinea fowl we both chose for the main course was delicious. The staff were almost too attentive and each course came out very quickly. It was a quiet evening for them and I prefer a course to come out a bit too quickly rather than too long a wait. Overall one of the better meals we have had in a restaurant.
The atmosphere was very nice in the restaurant and bar leaving us relaxed and after a good nights sleep we were looking forward to breakfast.
Now I'm sure most people will think this a bit stupid but I tend to make a judgement on hotels based on two things. The first is the quality of the breakfast sausage! I have a love of sausages and I always think that if a hotel has a decent sausage at breakfast it means that they are likely to produce good food all round, the opposite also being true (if anybody has been to a Britannia hotel and suffered their sausages and their buffets you will know what I mean!).
The second is the staff at reception when you book out. If they ask you if you had a good time then the likelihood is that your answer will be 'yes'. Reception staff in hotels that are not good tend to avoid asking that question because they don't want to hear or are worried what the answer will be.
So, in judgement of the Grosvenor, the result was positive on two counts. First the sausage was great at breakfast; in fact it was not only tasty but also the biggest I have ever had! Secondly - did the staff ask us about our stay and whether we had a good time and the answer was...Yes!
Thank you Grosvenor - it was lovely!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am delighted to find that your stay was so enjoyable. We take great pride in providing our guests with great service and use feedback just like yours to improve and develop. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all the staff.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Oakham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband booked two nights here as a birthday surprise for me as I had long wanted to sample a 'Murder, Mystery' weekend. Had I known, I would not have chosen this hotel but a country house hotel, i.e. one more in keeping with the weekend theme. However, it is but a short walk from the hotel to the town centre and so it was convenient for some Christmas shopping or a look at some of the Shakespeare heritage sites. It is on a main road and was easy to find with parking at the side and rear. We found the check-in easy and were shown to our 'Executive' room which was on the ground floor in an extension overlooking the car park. Although larger than a standard room, I could see no other benefit. The room was cold, the furniture and furnishings tired and the door lock very awkward to operate. We complained and were moved to a standard room on the first floor and in the main building. This was a great improvement as the room, though small, was warm and comfortable.
This hotel seems to be comprised of separate buildings joined together and I found that there were too many open spaces so it did not really have a warm and cosy feel to it. Not all the radiators were hot and, in the room where we met for our 'Murder, Mystery' gatherings, some were stone cold. We found the food to be of a reasonable standard for this type of hotel with continental or cooked breakfast available.
Overall, I felt this hotel was ever so slightly shabby with scuffed paintwork and cheap doors. There were flights of stairs to negotiate and a bit of walking to 'our' meeting room. Not a problem for us but possibly for others.

Room Tip: Avoid the Executive ground floor annexe.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We at the hotel take great pride in the service we offer and always try to maintain the highest standards and therefore very much appreciate all guest feedback.
Broughton Astley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Grosvenor for 2 nights 29th and 30 th Dec and from start to finish couldn't find fault with anything, the staff were so friendly and helpful/ and the food was lovely, we particularly enjoyed the afternoon teas. We have never stayed there before but will definitely be back, thank you do much for a lovely Christmas break :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your kind review I am delighted to find that you enjoyed your Christmas with us. We took great pride in providing our guests with quality service and good food. We look forward to welcoming you back next Christmas.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husbands birthday and in the main wished I hadn't. I paid for a executive room which was a joke. There was a hole in the wall and some of the furniture was hanging off and our view was the road to the car park. I have to say the bar staff were the only good thing, very helpful and friendly and our food was nice. The receptionist was dreadful, very rude and totally unhelpful and considering she should be the key face of the hotel this did not create a good first impression. On check out when I did raise my concerns and issues it should also be noted that not once did she apologise. The people behind us who we're checking out we're also raising complaints regarding the state of their room and general levels of service. Wouldn't recommend it!!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a executive room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and I'msorry to learn that your stay was not as you expected. We take great pride in the service we offer and always try to maintain the highest standards and therefore very much appreciate all guest feedback and it is very unusual that we recive negative feedback regarding our staff. Thankyou for bring it to my attention
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed one night in twin rooms with a friend the staff were fantastic,our room was lovely and clean I loved the fact there was a choice of bath or shower,we ate in the bar and had burgers with chorizo and twice baked chips which were delicious plus only a 10 minute walk to RSC theatre.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind review of your recent stay with us. I am so very pleased that your stay was so enjoyable. We all hope you a have a very Happy New Year.

Been to BEST WESTERN Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!