“Dream wedding day made perfect by Jessica and her wonderful team!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menzies Welcombe Hotel & Golf Course

Save Saved
You added Menzies Welcombe Hotel & Golf Course to your Saves list
Menzies Welcombe Hotel & Golf Course
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Warwick Road, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 0NR, England   |
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dream wedding day made perfect by Jessica and her wonderful team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our wedding was held here on the 20th June 2014. From the very first moment I walked into the Welcombe I knew it would be the most perfect venue for our wedding.
We first put our deposit down in September 2012 and even though the wedding was so far away Jess (Jessica Shepard the wedding co-ordinator) was always just at the end of an email answering my questions no matter how big/small.
We had a free menu tasting dinner and the service for this is the main restaurant was outstanding which set a precedent for the wedding which was most definitely met if not exceeded.
The day before the wedding we took all of our bits and bobs to the hotel and Jess assured us her team would set it all up... This was a huge relief (as there really were quite a few things to be put out!)
The wedding day itself was absolutely perfect and the room set up perfectly. We were greeted with champagne and Jess and her team made sure everything was perfect for us.
Everything was so relaxed and times for dinner and first dance etc we're double checked with me and the groom thought the day and we moved something's back/forward as things happened.
The food was AMAZING. We chose the corn fed chicken which I'm assured was tender and cooked to perfection. Whilst giving our choices I mentioned that I really enjoyed the pork which is what I had for the menu tasting and Jess made it possible for me as the bride to have "whatever I wanted" and sure enough it was once again perfect. They also took into consideration the needs of my (fussy eater) mother in law and she had chicken off the bone with potatoes and gravy kept separate! They also changed the children's starters for us to cheesy garlic bread which went down a treat!
A couple of starters were missed (my little ones starter wasn't delivered for ages and she was hungry!) but this was resolved promptly. The Groom didn't have any roast potatoes but again he was delivered a plate of them quickly after he told a waiter.
Basically everything was just as we wanted it. Everyone at the wedding commented on how helpful and attentive the staff were. They also loved the relaxed informal set up we had going on, the team had set up our lawn games on the grass for the drinks reception which was just perfect!
To our bridal suite... 'Susanna's Room' overlooked the beautiful gardens and was HUGE! With a beautiful 4 poster bed, Roll top bath in the bathroom the size of an apartment! We had a wonderful group photo taken from the room of everyone below outside!
So overall, a perfect wedding! We cannot thank you all enough!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I purchased a Sunday-Monday spa package to stay at this hotel for myself and two friends. It was my birthday on Sunday and we wanted something lovely and relaxing to do.
On arrival we were greeted by a lovely receptionist (unfortunately I forgot to take the names of staff- they were all exceptional though so this applies to all!) who let us check-in two hours early as she made sure the room was ready. We were shown to our room by two very helpful "front of house" and we were pleasantly surprised with the space in the room. We were less than 1 minute from the spa too, which was ideal.
The spa was immaculate with a number of facilities including heat experiences, jacuzzi, vitality pool and individual foot spas, the treatments were amazing (we had facials and massages) and the staff were lovely and welcoming.
The evening meal was first class. We ordered from the £30 set menu, but all options sounded amazing, the service was attentive and friendly, the wine selection was good, and I received a complimentary birthday drink from the bar!
Breakfast was nice with a good selection - and it was all hot too. We employed a lovely coffee overlooking the beautiful grounds before heading back to the spa (which you can use all day even after checking out).
All in all, I can't fault the hotel and am already thinking of returning later this year.
I'd like to thank everyone who made our stay amazing, and my birthday highly enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I would just like to say we had a fantastic meal and excellent service from vicjy andved and especially carol she made us feel very welcome and she made us laugh until our eyes were sore from laughing so much and also all the other staff made us feel very welcome aswell would recommend this hotel to family and friends and we will return again very soon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I visited here for a wedding. Absolutely fantastic hotel and wedding venue. The Spa attached is excellent as well. I would have given five stars if the wifi had been better. It was practically an internet and phone reception dead zone. Which could be considered a bonus point to many.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My daughter booked her dad and my self in for a meal which was excellent and the service was excellent especially from ed and Vicky and extra special from Carol as she is so lovely and a very bubbly lady she made us laugh until our eyes were hurting she made our day but I would also like to say all the other staff were friendly to and made us very welcome we will return again very soon

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to this hotel by buying a voucher from amazon local. We saved a lot of money on the deal. It was for our 40th wedding anniversary so it had to be somewhere extra special. When we arrived I told them about it being our anniversary and the lady immediately looked to up grade our room. We got a 4 poster suite with a fantastic view of the gardens it had a double aspect. From then on everything was wonderful. The food was so nice. We had afternoon tea on the terrace and the evening dinner was great. The service from the staff was first class!!

Room Tip: The four poster suites overlooking the gardens are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Blyth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times for business meetings and each time I have found it lacking in some areas. It is a shame because the hotel is set in very attractive grounds and has a spa and a golf course and the rooms are well appointed
My latest visit began with an unfriendly welcome by the desk clerk who's vocabulary seemed limited to 'rooms are only available after 2.00pm'. Eventually I was allocated room 119 which on first inspection seemed perfectly acceptable. It was part of a suite with it's own private access to the bedroom. It was large, well furnished and clean it was a pity that ear plugs and a cooling fan were not provided!
There was no air-conditioning - the one window in the room was left open presumably to compensate - but the compressor which was just outside this window meant that it was so noisy that to sleep the window had to be closed. The compressor did go off at around 10.30pm so I could then open the window, but at 6.00am it started up again but it did provide me with an unrequested early morning call.
This is not a cheap hotel and nowadays wifi, internet and telephone access for mobile devices is usually a prerequisite, but not here. During my meetings I had to keep entering the pass code every few minutes and the only area which seemed to have acceptable coverage was in the main public area.
The receptionist on checking out did not appear interested in my experience.
Unfortunately this will not be a hotel of choice for me in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, do not stay in room 119 without ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Menzies Welcombe Hotel & Golf Course? Share your experiences!