“Great Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

01789 269462
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings,The Encore serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
“Great Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This a lovely restrauant and bar, my wife and I had a lovely roast dinner sat in front of the open fire, the staff were very friendly. The food and wine were so good we stuck around and had a second bottle of wine! 100% recommend this place and we will return as often as we can.

• Greek first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the encore a few times each time I've had lovely food and recommended the place to many people my last visit was not the same I ordered rib eye steak with thrice cooked chips I only ordered rib eye as fillet steak is no longer available wen my meal arrived I was greeted with my steak and potato wedges totally disgusting when I told the waiter his reply was ok as I was going to pay there was two managers I think well the man said he was he wasn't helpful the lady who was with him was she said that they were thrice cooked chips and that's how they cook them they were defiantly wedges she did refunded the price of the steak but really seemed as though she care and informed me that no one else had complained about the wedges sorry chips when you're dealing with a individual complaint no one else should come into it I complained because I wasn't given what was stated on the menu it's a shame because I really did like that place but never mind there's plenty more places out there

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boston, United Kingdom
“surprisingly good food and lovely warm service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

have to completely agree with SteveKaryn11 ; complete surprise as to how good the food was or how attentive the staff were all apart from the "sour face collecting glasses" - perfect description and she did look out of place as everyone else was warm and engaging.

we stopped here for lunch with our 5 year old and he had the best fish fingers ever, real pieces of cod in a lovely light crisp batter. food was really good and the atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming (apart form sourface!)

would definately eat/drink here again and would recommend to anyone

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“To Busy To Bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Called in to book a table for 10 people,was told only the manager could book over 4 people but would contact us i would you believe it 48 hours,that was over a week ago.This does not do stratford any favours would not bother going

Visited December 2013
Shottery, United Kingdom
“Cosy bar for early evening drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Lovely open fires, comfy chairs and lively atmosphere, great after work wind down with friends or pre-theatre dining. Reasonably priced drinks and food is good with wide range to suit everyone. Sit outside if warm enough. They are even open for lunch on Christmas Day this year! Tempting!

Visited November 2013